• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Disenrolled

DimndDave14

Just curious, does anyone have instances while at OCS where they had candidates disenrolled and what for? I don't mean people that were MPQed or DORed, I mean basically kicked out. The reason why I am asking is because I am curious to see much OCS tolerates. I am not asking to see how you can slide by, but just a question I have been asked and wondering if anyone out there has any responses.

VAmookie

MPQ -- More People Quitting, Most Physically Qualified, Morons Play Quake, Mormons Persecute Queers, Move Partial Quantities, Marine Practice Quarters, MikeW Prefers Queens

Well, which one is it?

UMichfly

pilot
None
We had a MIDN get the boot last summer for leadership deficiencies. He is a very good candidate with the exception of a few times where he chose to open his mouth when he really shouldn't have. Long story short, he's back there currently for try number 2. I have no fear that he'll complete the program this time around and be a hell of a Marine.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
We had some close calls on integrity issues... A guy smuggled some powerbars out to SULE II, one female skirted the truth with the company gunny, etc. Neither got the individual in question booted, but they stood tall before the man. Another candidate got caught cheating on a test, earning herself a one way ticket back to wherever she came from. NPQs happen for a variety of reasons. If you get hurt seriously enough, they will send you home. An individual in our platoon tore something in his ankle after week 6 and got sent home with an invitation to return for a seniors company the following summer (we were OCC 10 weekers). Some of it depends on when you get hurt and the quality of candidate you are. A good friend of mine was allowed to push through the last few weeks with what basically amounted to a broken bone in his leg. He was popular amongst the staff before the incident, which led them to believe he was worth it. So many things can happen...
To sum it up, dont lie, cheat, or steal. Bust your ass on everything else in order to make your situation as strong as possible. Some things are just plain unavoidable, especially when it comes to injury. Good luck.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
People get sent home all the time, yes Integrity is the big one that is no appeal see ya ummm never. Performance failure is another one, some people jsut dont pack the proverbial gear to serve in our beloved Corps. The only ones that ever get a chance to try again are the injuries.
I didnt check Doc's link but Im sure it is complete.