• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Discovery Saturday - -Cuban Missile Crisis -- 50th Anniv.

Owen

On Sat., Oct 20, the Naval Aviation Museum Foundation will
present a program on the 50 anniv. Of the Cuban Missile
Crisis. Presenting will be Mr Ken Jack, author of the recently
released title "Blue Moon Over Cuba". The main focus is the
pivotal role of VFP-62 in obtaining hi-res imagery of the in-
stallation of Soviet missiles. Also presenting will be CAPT
Jim Curry who flew missions over Cuba. It starts at 1000,
will run about an hour, and is free. The venue will be
Hangar Bay One at NNAM in P'cola. Signed copies of the
book will be available.

FastMover

NFO
None
For those of you who have never been to one of these events at the Museum, I would highly recommend it if you can make it over there. The handful that I have been to were very interesting and well done. Clips from past presentations can be seen here. This one sounds great, wish I could make it...

VMO4

I am planning my wife's 50th birthday. We still live in the Tampa area. She was born October 25, 1962, on Davis Islands, which is across the bay from MacDill AFB. It is interesting talking to my mother in law about being in labor and looking out the window, and seeing B47's loaded to the gills arriving over the bay , and troops camped on every piece of grass around South Tampa. The stress and thoughts about what the future held during that time is something hard to imagine today.