• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dining Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
I found these dates on the Internet:

15 Feb 03
05 Apr 03
14 Jun 03
26 July 03
29 Nov 03

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
I did a Yahoo search on "OCS Pensacola Dining Out" and it was in one of the results... I don't remember the exact link. Sorry!

elise22

Do you think that we will actually get to "dine-out" on Feb.15 even though we'll only be in OCS for a week before?
Does everyone usually bring dates? What are these events suppose to be like? Sorry for all the questions I am just curious, I didn't realize we had dinning-outs at OCS.

Aimee

Elise, Something tells me we won't be included in the 15FEB dining out. We'll just have to wait til April...

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
what about flight times for dine outs? I live too far to drive, so should I count on getting a taxi to a hotel and a taxi back to the airport? Does everyone at OCS get to participate, even if they dont have liberty yet? What is the dress code for dates? Can our dates stay in the hotel with us, or do they have to go back on base? If anyone knows anything about this that'd be great...if not, I'll just play it by ear!

grouch

I think everyone that goes to OCS is issued a spose's fact sheet. This important document tells when personal calls can be recieved, what kind of cookies to make and what to wear to dinning out. I believe it will contain hotel information and flight schedules as well. Hope this helps.

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
thanks.....I just figured the sooner I could try to guess on flight dates and times...the cheaper the plane ticket! As always, any constructive info is greatly appreciated!

spyce

Check out Solenita's pictures in the photo album if you want to see what the girls are wearing.

solenita72

SWO Wife
I would say most of the guys in my husband's class had dates, he was in his 8th week. I wore a dress that I wore in my best friend's wedding, a straight, slightly a-lined dress in navy blue. But there were girls there in everything from formal wear to cocktail suits. I didn't feel over dressed in what I wore. There are some pics under class 08-03 of that night. My husband didn't get a spouse list or anything, but he did get me an etiquette book that the social director had, so that I could brush up on my skills....lol. I believe four classes are there at a time, the youngest class at my ENS's dining out had just completed there 4th week, and yes, even if they don't secure they get to go, but I would say not in your second or thrid week. If you date has not secured, plan on taking a taxi, it is between 20-30 dollars for the trip between the airport and the base. I had a blast at the one we went to, I worte a bit about it in an older post. Beware the GROG!!! They are secured for the dining out from Friday at 4:00 until Sunday at 4:00pm, and they can stay in the hotel with you. The navy lodge is right on base and it $55 a nite, and he can make reservations for you, although they book up fast! I knew about a month in advance when we would attend the dining out, so I was able to get good ticket prices. Hope this helps!

elise22

Yeah, I didn't actually think we'd be going. It was just a bit of wishful thinking. I am sure right about then we'll be getting yelled at and "mashed" for some reason or another.
scared_125.gif

Well, I hope everyone else enjoys themselves.
party_125.gif
Have fun!

meb6385

Who usually goes to the dining outs do they let unsecured classes go or what? I'm starting on Jan 25, so by the feb 15 date, I'll be 3rd week. I'm actually hoping not to go to that dining out, can anyone shed some light on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.