• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ding-Dong The Witch Is Dead ....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
"... WITCH IS DEAD ... WITCH IS DEAD .... DING-DONG THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD .... ":):eek:

Duane Woerth loses ALPA (Airline Pilot's Association) Presidency !!!!

The largest airline pilots' union in North America elected a new president on Wednesday by a narrow margin as members signaled unhappiness with steep concessions and lost pensions at big carriers by replacing Capt Duane Woerth in his attempt at a third term as president of the Airline Pilots Association.

Touch this for the rest of the beautiful, beautiful story :
Outgoing ALPA President "unavailable for comment:)

*Sigh* ... we'll miss you, D-Wayne:D

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this guy a pilot or a professional "organizer"

Just curious.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Is this guy a pilot or a professional "organizer"

Just curious.
He's a pilot that probably (?) doesn't remember how to fly .... and no .... he's not a Marine :)D) ..... former Air Force.

I gave him a checkride once down in Dallas and during the chit-chat, I asked him "why" he spent so much time on union activities (pre-ALPA presidentcy) to the detriment of time flying the line ... ???

Answer: his Daddy was a long-time union organizer (?) and he wanted to "make a difference" as well .... :)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does piloting skills and street cred have any bearing on ALPA presidency? Think there would be a better deal if it were?

Its hard to fathom that an organization of pilots would elect a hamfist to represent them.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Does piloting skills and street cred have any bearing on ALPA presidency? Think there would be a better deal if it were?

Its hard to fathom that an organization of pilots would elect a hamfist to represent them.
No, no ... don't misunderstand me ... Duane was a first rate bureaucrat and union organizer, piloting skills aside --- and while I don't agree/never did with his approach to union issues or politics in general ... he was "good" at what he did.

ALPA national is political ... pure and simple politics. It doesn't really matter whether you are the ace of the base or a plumber in the airplane. I don't march with Duane and his lackeys. I paid for that on more than one occasion. BUT: the guys who I "move with" are now (finally) taking over in ALPA hierarchy ... both on the national and local (airline) level. That's a good thing, in my opinion.

Soooo ..... Who's sorry now .... ???

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The name escapes me. A4s will remember, but for a long while the ALPA president was an airline pilot withhout an airline. As I recall, some Eastern guy after Easter evaporated. I always loved the way he signed his name "Capt. ALPA".

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Randy Babbitt - who has gone over to the dark side. He now uses his inside knowledge of ALPA as a consultant to airline management for labor relations.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Prater won by 920 votes out of 47,968 ballots cast by commercial pilots, the union said.
Mefesto said:
D. Woerthless is finally gone... what amazes me is it was such a narrow margin.
This is somewhat of a misstatement by ALPA. Individual pilots did not cast any votes in these elections. The MEC cast their entire airline's block of votes. Kind of an electoral college type of situation.