• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dilema! Army or USMC?

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
Lawman,

Congratulations. As a pilot of your new ride's skinnier predecessor, I'll say that with ordnance come great responsibility, but boy, it's a hell of a lot of fun to see a target dissapear into dust from several klicks out.

Gunrunner 57

Triumph57

Congratulations Lawman!

As some on this thread have mentioned, my heart is really set on USMC. I tried to talk myself into considering other options but I want that eagle, globe and anchor so bad I can taste it. If I were to do anything else I would always wonder "What if..."

highside7r

None
Lawman-Really dude, you needed a bigger helmet? Guns all the way, just kidding man good luck with that! Last year or so when they were offering -64 transitions, I actually entertained the thought, mainly to have the chance to shoot back for once!

Triumph57, just like every other thread on here about "I want to be a fighter pilot", even in the Army you may not get what you want as mentioned above. You may fail (unlikely), or the slot might not be there for your class to select, regardless of your OML (class rank) standing. It comes down to you and your "heart", but to have a chance at a flight slot for the USMC...

sodajones

Combat Engineer
In the end both are admirable and exciting opportunities and while we like to give each other a good ribbing, I don't think you could go wrong with either, good luck.

Coota0

None
Is this recent?

I was selected for WOFT in '07, and was told that if I would only go OCS they could guarantee me any of those four options. I decided I would take the OCS Armor contract if I didn't pass the flight physical, fortunatly I passed. :D