• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Digging for information

mizzouzk

Fly big stuff
I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering if there was anywhere to look for information on the career of a retired Vietnam era air force pilots. The reason I ask is because my late grandfather was a pilot and has passed away. Through most of my life, he had alzhiemers and barely remembered my father let alone information about his career. I do have a bunch of his old pictures and his flight suit and we have his helmet somewhere but are currently digging through storage to find it.

Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks

Napper

Diggin' the PNW
pilot
There's an air force museum in Ohio... you might try their library. My gramps was a naval aviator in WWII and the naval aviation museum in Pensacola has a library with a bunch of flight school yearbooks and other cool records. I lucked out and after some digging they even gave me his entire training jacket, with original documents over 68 years old. When I gave it to him, he laughed to tears reading the critiques and pink sheets that preceded his 28 year career. Best of luck!