• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Designating restricted line out of ROTC

BackOrdered

Contributor
Excuse me! It is a damn good deal to gain the insight of all the AW members that have been there and done that.
Where else could you sit down in the comfort of your home and pick the brains of recruiters, senior mids, enlisted, MECEP, prior enlisted officers, PLC candidates, and just plain smart guys. AW is a good deal I wish I had 27 years ago.

Rep :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ROTC instructors like to tell MIDN that they need to get their warfare pin before even bothering to apply for a RL billet. The ENS from my unit did not even have to finish Primary before she was picked up for PAO. Yes, she commissioned into an URL, but ROTC instructors don't even like to guarantee that this ever occurs. Although rare, she didn't have to wait for a pin to apply...

It will never happen if you don't try...

This is absolutely BAD gouge. Mike, I'm not saying you're going to try this, for others who think this is a possibility, DO NOT plan on this working. I'm not a ROTC instructor, but I am an IP who's worked in STUCON, and I've seen what happens to some guys who blatantly game the system.

If flying isn't for you, DOR. It's okay and you move on, but don't come into the program w/ the intention of DOR'ing and trying to pick up something else.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Wholeheartedly agree!!! I've certainly benefited a lot from this site, as I'm sure many have. But all the insight in the world won't get him (or any of us) jack if we aren't communicating with our Chain of Command as well.

Insight into the world? MB has taught me all there needs to know, AVOID MANATEES! My CoC hasn't taught me that.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
If flying isn't for you, DOR. It's okay and you move on, but don't come into the program w/ the intention of DOR'ing and trying to pick up something else.

...Especially if you remember it was just a few years ago where DORs/Attrites were shown the door instead of getting the opportunity to lat transfer.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...Especially if you remember it was just a few years ago where DORs/Attrites were shown the door instead of getting the opportunity to lat transfer.
And didn't some DORs get IAs out to the sand box?