• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deployment Cycle

williamtcox

Marines just had a brief at API about the possible future deployment cycle. Word is that they are trying to push for 12 On / 14 Off (Months). :eek: Can anyone confirm?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Marines just had a brief at API about the possible future deployment cycle. Word is that they are trying to push for 12 On / 14 Off (Months). :eek: Can anyone confirm?

The operative words are POSSIBLE & TRYING. Certainly would be nice, but bottom line is you serve at the pleasure of the president and tax payers. Enjoy your time at home and let me know how those 14 months off work out for you.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Clux4

Banned
2:1 duel time. Although I think I saw something on the front page of the gazette that might suggest a proposed change. I doubt it. 7 months BOG is enough. We are deploying at a cyclic rate so what does it matter?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator

Deployments for whom? Different communities do different things.

Looking big picture, though...

MEUs, which are coming back to the fore, will still be 6-7ish months.

OIF is winding down. By the time they've gone through one 12/14 cycle, it will be mostly done.

OEF is increasing, but not enough to need 12 mo tours if we haven't done it in Iraq.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Or you could come back from a (slightly) extended tour in OEF with a MEU, then hot turn back into a rotation cycle that supports not one or two, but two theaters and multiple MEUs.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Hey COX don't you have more important things than asking questions about dwell time, you just started primary, long time till the fleet NOW go study BI'S

J/K
ZAB
hey maybe i will email you the gouge now.

Recidivist

Somewhat unrelated, and probably bullshit, but the Lt. Underground at TBS has made some murmurs about Flight contracts deploying to train Iraq and Afghanistan officers in TBS tactics while we wait to class up for API.

Has anybody else heard this?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Haven't heard that, but I'll call bullshit on that one. Talk about the retarded leading the blind.

KBayDog

Somewhat unrelated, and probably bullshit, but the Lt. Underground at TBS has made some murmurs about Flight contracts deploying to train Iraq and Afghanistan officers in TBS tactics while we wait to class up for API.

Has anybody else heard this?

Lesson 1: How to wait for 'The Word.'
Lesson 2: How to wear polo shirts, khaki shorts, braided belts, and sandals...EVERYWHERE.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, are TBS Flight Contract students that gullible? I should start selling stuff at TBS....like my ocean-front property in Arizona!!

Lesson Learned: "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." Benjamin Franklin

-ea6bflyr ;)

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
12 month deployment cycle! We've held this Marine Corps together pretty well under the strain of the past 7 years with the exception of our NCO and company grade officers corps becoming much younger. If you want to see a mass exodus, make deployments 12 months. You're starting to talk about a Marine Corps doing things it was never designed to do.

Boot ass Lts going overseas to instruct foreign officers in their own countries = gheyness. You should go to whoever told you that and point and luagh at them. Afghanis are warriors despsite a poor work ethic. If a Lt goes there straight out of TBS it'll be to learn from the Afghani.