• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dependents

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
First of all, I would like to thank all of you who contribute. I'm in the process of putting my commissioning packet together, and this website has been an invaluable resource.

My question is related to dependents accompanying the student. Are dependents (wife and child) allowed to accompany me to my training assignments?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
during initial accession (OCS) no. After that, they can accompany you for training provided its a PCS assignment and not just a TAD school.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Just in case you're wondering, PCS = Permanent Change of Station, and TAD = Temporary Additional Duty.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Thank you for the quick replies, I appreciate it. I'm familiar with most of the jargon thrown out there. I've been in the Army for 7 1/2 years now. I finally came to my senses, I suppose. Did either of you travel with dependents during your process? If so, how easy/difficult was it for you?