• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DENIED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath112

quote:
hey ghost..is there a link to the new prt requirements? Are they only applicable to aviation candidates? Cause I checked with my recruiter concerning the PRT time requirement. He said that my run (12:30) was good to go. I would hate to get rejected because i was 31 seconds off.

hey sonny. the official requirements are a run time of at least 13:30 for males 20-24. but, what everybody is talking about is the fact that a 12:00 run time is more competitive. 12:00 run time is considered Good/low on the PRT score. If you want the chart for the whole PRT. do a search for Navy PRT Standards on yahoo.

man the wait is killing me

ChipK96

I think your main problem would be your GPA, my recruiter told me that the more pass/fail type classes you have the more it hurts when they compute it with their system.

sonnyb

goliath,

just wondering--when did you send in your application? i'm getting really nervous now too. mine went in this week. hopefully we'll hear someting soon.

Goliath112

mine went in on AUG 26th. The wait is killing me too. I want any chance to be a Naval officer. I don't care what the job is.

man the wait is killing me

scruples

thanks all for your input/advice... i think that is what i'm going to HAVE to do... insist that I re-run the PRT regardless of what my recruiter says... and possibly get some more hours up in the air... it's been hard to take not being selected, but i'll persevere and be there sooner than later...

i'm off to vegas to drink away the pain... hahah

marcb747

Just reapply again. I was rejected on my first try with much lower stats than yours. I got an NFO slot on the second try. I can't say this for a fact but they also look at intangibles like how much you really want the job. Persistence is definitely key.

Who's your recruiter? Did you apply through the SFO recruiting office?

scruples

Originally posted by marcb747

Who's your recruiter? Did you apply through the SFO recruiting office?

am not familiar w/the SFO recruiting office... someone care to elaborate??

and my recruiter was LCDR Toppin in NRD San Diego...

Status
Not open for further replies.