• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Delete Account / Change Name?

th1rd3

Hey there, I don't like how I can't find an option to change my name or delete my account.

When I google my name, it links to results in this forum and I really don't like that. Can someone please either explain how to change my name on this site or just go ahead and delete my account.

Thank you.

th1rd3

If there was a way to change my handle from my full name to something else, I would be fine keeping the account.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
I reported your post, so that hopefully a moderator will see it. I know there's a thread full of requests from people wanting to change names, so you might want to search for that as well, and post there.

th1rd3

It's 2016... hard for me to believe there's not a way to change a name or delete account incorporated into this forum. Kind of a shame.

th1rd3

I'm in no rush, and apologize if I seemed impatient. I obviously haven't posted much on this forum and just figured that there would be a way to do this on my end, integrated into the forum, similar to the way you can change a name or delete an account on just about any app, website, forum, etc. nowadays. Shouldn't this ability be integrated into the user interface? Mods can take their time, we all have families.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It would be helpful if you gave us a hint as to what you'd like your name changed to. Then we can go from there.

Or go to the Forum FAQ/Help session and post it in the thread that villanelle mentioned.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I google my name, it links to results in this forum and I really don't like that.
For fuck's sake. Why did you use your real first and last name as your AW user name in the first place? What did you expect? Common sense applies here. Shouldn't this ability be integrated into the user? Perhaps under the Internet 101 drop-down menu?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I think some of this results from people having the ability to login via their Facebook account. Hence why we created the username change thread. And of note this forum and others don't have the option of the user being able to change their username. Typically we reply with 48 hours. I travel the majority of the month and don't take my laptop on the road and catch up on admin tasks when I get home. Gatordev just happens to be a good friend that helps me out with the website management. I don't want to know how many tasty beverages and free Thai meals I owe him. I guess I will find out when he cashes in. But for the love of God, if you have a request to change a username or delete a post. Can you please of the requested info in there?!?! A new username and a link to the post always helps.

subreservist

For fuck's sake. Why did you use your real first and last name as your AW user name in the first place? What did you expect? Common sense applies here. Shouldn't this ability be integrated into the user? Perhaps under the Internet 101 drop-down menu?

This comment is going to have me cracking up all day...lol!!!