• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Delayed Entry Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
NO, you are not required to do anything.

Like said before, DEP is designed for tracking purposes only.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would advise no one to start their Naval career by pissing off the officers at the NRD. It is true that they would never take a guy's OCS slot for not PTing, or anything else short of criminal or unethical behavior. But you may see these guys again. They are your seniors and if you see them again they may be your boss. Good to not make a bad first impression. My recruiter was the Aircraft Handler on my first ship. And later the Air Wing Commander of my reserve airwing. I have run into guys I recruited at least five times. Two guys actually worked for me in the Reserves. One guy was my pilot on a four ship with live bombs we lead on an exercise. I didn't recognize him until he mentioned it while I was arming up the next bomb. Kind of sobering. Last memory of him I had was he might fail a physics class and not make graduation. Now he is pointing me at the earth in a 30 degree dive. I used to say that I took my job as a recruiter seriously because I might have to fly with one of my recruits some day. Turned out I was right. And I have to say "Rat" lived up to my expectations, as did all the others I ran into later. You may not have to do anything in DEP, but do your best to accomodate the NRD lest you have to work for one of those guys later, or he sits on a board and remembers nothing of you but your bull headedness and lack of motivation.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
I thought the only things that we were required to do while in DEP was prepare ourselves for our upcoming training program, stay away from drugs and trouble (that is if we weren't in some program like BDCP).

Well you seem like a motivated individual who knows enough to prepare on his own. Just be professional with your NRD so you don't piss them off (like wink said). I agree that those meetings should be attended because they have some great gouge and motivating sessions, but since you're not on the Navy's payroll yet, I don't think being hungry and living on the street for six monthes is a good alternative.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Yeah, I wasn't saying be an jerk about it. Just do what you can and don't sweat the rest.

R

RickyDT34

Thanks for all of the great advice guys. I will continue to work hard and do what I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.