• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Degree type

exNavyOffRec

1. Have you tried the search function?
2. Your question as it stands is like asking what the weather is like but you don't say what city you are asking about.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good morning to all. I have a BA in General Studies which is not a STEM degree. What are your takes on this type of degree for OCS

Being that youve been in for 15.5 years have you looked into LDO or CWO options? Talk to your CCC (include your DLCPO and DIVO) about going the officer route.

Reginald Brown

Being that youve been in for 15.5 years have you looked into LDO or CWO options? Talk to your CCC (include your DLCPO and DIVO) about going the officer route.
I first started with a special request chit over a year and a half ago and they pretty much said no due to the fact of me having more than 14 years under my belt.

exNavyOffRec

I first started with a special request chit over a year and a half ago and they pretty much said no due to the fact of me having more than 14 years under my belt.

I am wondering if given the time it takes to put in and get accepted for LDO if they figured that the time to get everything done would put you out of the TIS range, but that is doubtful. I didn't see the (PO1) part so you are out for CWO unless you make Chief.

Given your age and what you can apply for a non tech degree is a very long shot, give it a shot but I hope your GPA is north of 3.5 and your command thinks you walk on water.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
I'm going for a double major in economics and math. I'm currently a sophomore and haven't declared so I may decide to minor in math or physics as opposed to majoring. Would that look good on an AOCS app?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Degree doesn't really matter for SNA, it's mostly about your ASTB scores and GPA (I was an Econ major FWIW). The caveat being STEM degrees will be better for TPS, and if you want to be an Astronaut you need some sort of engineering degree.

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
Degree doesn't really matter for SNA, it's mostly about your ASTB scores and GPA (I was an Econ major FWIW). The caveat being STEM degrees will be better for TPS, and if you want to be an Astronaut you need some sort of engineering degree.

That's reassuring to hear. I looked at the minor requirements and they seem perfectly doable, so I think I'll do that. How far along are you in the process of becoming an SNA?