• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Defence money

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
Gents,

While I understand this source is questionable at best, could somebody explain why AGM-114 for US Army is almost five times more expensive than the same missile for US Navy? Plain logic of markets says this could be the case if someone buys much more than the others so this one buyer obtaines special price. I know I'm stupid enough to reminder it but hope not enough to a degree to explain this price gap to myself. Yet maybe Navy/USMC really buys a lot more Hellfires than the others?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Gents,

While I understand this source is questionable at best, could somebody explain why AGM-114 for US Army is almost five times more expensive than the same missile for US Navy? Plain logic of markets says this could be the case if someone buys much more than the others so this one buyer obtaines special price. I know I'm stupid enough to reminder it but hope not enough to a degree to explain this price gap to myself. Yet maybe Navy/USMC really buys a lot more Hellfires than the others?
It's the "This Way Toward Enemy --->" stickers the Army versions require.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
It's the "This Way Toward Enemy --->" stickers the Army versions require.
OH YOU NAVY GUYS!!!

It says..."FRONT TOWARD ENEMY"

The font used on the lettering is licensed to the US Army. The Navy version uses open source fonts and therefore the weapons are less expensive. Similar to the way the Army, not Sikorsky/United Technologies/Lockheed, et al owns the blueprints for the Blackhawk.;)

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
OH YOU NAVY GUYS!!!

It says..."FRONT TOWARD ENEMY"

The font used on the lettering is licensed to the US Army. The Navy version uses open source fonts and therefore the weapons are less expensive. Similar to the way the Army, not Sikorsky/United Technologies/Lockheed, et al owns the blueprints for the Blackhawk.;)
Sure @RobLyman, sure...but how do the Army guys know which end of the thing is the front??

BigRed389

None
It's a proven fact the Navy just has better negotiators.

We pay less than the other services for every missile on that list.
Not bombs though. Probably Air Force golf course taxes or something.