• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Results

atflor

pilot
Has anyone gotten word from the December Board? If so, share your stats and results. I am awaiting word from the SNA December board.

tiger84

LT
pilot
It will probably take a little while longer than you expect, so just relax and enjoy the wait. I had expected to hear from the November board before Thanksgiving, but the board met a week later than originally planned and they didn't end up posting results until December 4th. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. And wish me luck as I go through my marathon 5 hour ortho consult/full physical at MEPS tomorrow.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Yeah, I don't anticipate it being too bad, just long and boring. Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Applecello, how'd the duck walk go?

That was some of the best 5 minutes of my life, watching these 45 yr old Coast Guard guys walk around on the floor like a duck...clearly feeling uncomfortable and self conscious. What a howl.

AppleCello

Personally, I liked the "forceful leg kick." Like we were practicing the curb-stomp maneuver.

Oh right... december results. Well good luck to everyone applying. and if you get recommended, dont worry much about Meps. Except for the depth perception part, that is hard.

XeroCool

I thought the Color blind was harder... I actually just went to MEPs for the Army but same deal. They started the Color and he didnt tell me we had started so I just stared at the color until he started to turn it. Be prepared for the ole spread em....Although lucky there will be no splunking. Its just a visual scan for a blown gasket
X

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
Personally, I liked the "forceful leg kick." Like we were practicing the curb-stomp maneuver.

Oh right... december results. Well good luck to everyone applying. and if you get recommended, dont worry much about Meps. Except for the depth perception part, that is hard.

I swear to god I guessed on half those damn circles. I missed a bunch but she gave me second chances and then I'd get it the second time. I think I was about one miss away from a failure. I guess sleeping an hour the night before didn't help..

But I guess it worked out well for me...:icon_wink

Good luck guys. You'll be fine!

dunerunner

I have word that the Pilot board did not meet on the 11th but rather met today. I have been told to expect the results next Wednesday or Thursday. It could be a really good Christmas and extra reason to celebrate the New Year.

Donnybrooker

pilot
dunerunner, did your recruiter tell you that? Mine said not to expect to hear back until after the New Year. That was a couple days ago though.

vtnick

Good luck to all waiting on Board Selection. I thought I’d share my selection experience that also happened to a couple of others in my OCS class. I applied to INTEL, AVIATION, and SWO with INTEL as my first choice. My scores/school were fairly competitive. After waiting forever, I was informed that none of the boards selected me. I started to pursue other career options over the next few months when out of the blue my recruiter calls me and tells me that the INTEL board called him and requested my application. After 2-3 weeks I was selected for INTEL and soon after got my OCS date. Another OCS classmate in SUPPLY was called while the board was meeting and asked to give an immediate decision about going into SUPPLY or not. Either way the NAVY can be strange when it comes to these selections so don’t give up hope if you don’t get selected.

As far as those damn circles go, don’t be quick to say which one is different. If you take your time and move you head up and down just a little bit it will jump out at you (kind of like those 3D books you stare at). I’d say I took about 5-10 secs per line and didn’t miss a single one.

MEPS sucks. You’ll probably be the only Officer Candidate there with a bunch of confused (17-19 year old) pre-enlisted individuals.

OCS sucks. Start mentally and physically preparing now. I was so concerned about the physical I didn’t realize how mentally stressful it would be. I lost my mind in the 4th week but after that I got into OCS mode and coasted through. (Advise: turn higher brain functions off. don’t question anything, just do it. Swallow all Pride, all of it. Don’t plan on sleeping much at all. Try your best not to let them get into your head.) On a positive note, You’ll walk away with a great sense of accomplishment and great friends. Just remember the Fleet is nothing like OCS or your initial school for training.

Good Luck.

Nick
ENS USN, Embarked on USS ESSEX, Sasebo, Japan

steresi17

Is there anybody out there that is awaiting the Supply, Intel, or AMDO board? If so, have you received any news on your selection? I was told by my recruiter the Supply board that was supposed to meet on December 15th was moved to meet on December 21st. Per my recruiter, Intel and AMDO boards are sloted to convene on a monthly basis. Does anyone have any more information or is this what you are being told as well? Thanks!

atflor

pilot
I just spoke to my processor and apparently December Pilot board results are out. They are taking a little time to post everyones result, but some applicants should already have a determination. Let us know what the verdict is and good luck.