• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS December 2016 IWC Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Will you be releasing any information about the range of OAR scores or GPAs that were selected? I'm mostly interested in intel/1830.

Those stats have not been released but if you go to the PERS-412 FB page you can find them from a previous board around April of this year.

exNavyOffRec

Will you be releasing any information about the range of OAR scores or GPAs that were selected? I'm mostly interested in intel/1830.

They put that info often on their FB page, looking at it the selection percentage of 1830 is the lowest of all the designators with the average GPA over 3.5

OAR tends to follow GPA, so as long as you have a GPA above 3.5 you should be good, I had people who had great GPA's but OAR was around the minimum and they were selected, degree and GPA is key.

FormerRecruitingGuru

They put that info often on their FB page, looking at it the selection percentage of 1830 is the lowest of all the designators with the average GPA over 3.5

OAR tends to follow GPA, so as long as you have a GPA above 3.5 you should be good, I had people who had great GPA's but OAR was around the minimum and they were selected, degree and GPA is key.

Agreed. My IP select had a 3.8 GPA, computer science from a really good state school, and a 48 OAR.

the butt

Anyone from NRD Jacksonville hear back yet? Last time I applied we were the last to know, or at least I was told that (almost 1.5 months after board met).

Eonami

CTI1(IW)
I'm the one Fleet Intel pick-up from this board; I'm willing to discuss my stats if anyone is interested. I had a 3.7 GPA (Including my AA from DLI and my BA from UMUC), a non-STEM degree (East Asian Studies, Computer Science minor), and an OAR of 70. CUrrent active duty CTI1(IW) with Korean language skills and 9 years of IC experience. No deployments yet, but I have had leadership experience as an LPO on several occasions. Good Evals, statements, appraisals, and commodore interview, as well.

sejudah

I only got 2 fitreps as a sergeant and they were both unobserved -_-. I was an awesome linguist though, loved my job. I even got to do a FET.

exNavyOffRec

I only got 2 fitreps as a sergeant and they were both unobserved -_-. I was an awesome linguist though, loved my job. I even got to do a FET.

You are aware that USN Intel officers aren't out there doing translating, and field work, there are enlisted for that, you are in an office and as several Intel officers I knew said "being a powerpoint guru"

exNavyOffRec

Good, several have applied/wanted to apply for Intel because they thought it was all "in the field/spec ops/007" type stuff, then when I would have mine talk to the Intel officers I worked with their outlook had changed on what they wanted to do.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Good, several have applied/wanted to apply for Intel because they thought it was all "in the field/spec ops/007" type stuff, then when I would have mine talk to the Intel officers I worked with their outlook had changed on what they wanted to do.

Or what they thought was Intel Officer work was actually enlisted, whether it's IS or CT.

exNavyOffRec

Enlisted and officer have different functions. I think that knowing what it's like to be enlisted will help make a better officer though.

It can help and hurt it just depends on how you use it, what enlisted do in the USN and what they do in the US Army are different, my last sea duty we had 2 officers who were prior US Army enlisted, one was great and did well because he listened and didn't play the "I was enlisted card", the other kept trying to relate things to what he did before and fell flat on his face.

sejudah

I was prior enlisted Marines. I have heard about Marines changing over to the Navy and becoming a Marine in a Navy uniform. I like to think I am flexible enough to conform.