• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS December 2016 IWC Board

SemperFiDay

Just because it isn't automatically rejected doesn't mean it will go through, many designators have an unwritten rule that they don't take anyone but those who place them 1 or 2, for a while several years ago Supply would just pro N anyone that didn't list them as 1, it cut down on the applications they needed to look at.

*ouch*. Makes sense though, from an administrative standpoint-

TangoMic

Hey! You got SNA I thought? Not your first choice? I already started down the road with NFO.

I have Intel as my first choice and SNA as my second. I have a Master of International Affairs, so Intel would be ideal. But I had a flight contract with the Marines back in undergrad and I have always liked the idea of flying.. I am more focused on being a Naval Officer first! Job in the Navy comes second to that for me. You are going for NFO for sure then, not going to wait to see what the IWC board results are?

Jason Williamson

Anyone else anxious (in a good way) for the board Monday?? Good Luck to everyone, I hope we all see a Pro Rec-Y in our future!

Today the anxiety really hit...gonna be a long few weeks awaiting results. It seems that the active duty applicants are usually the first to hear (at least based on feedback on this forum). Ughhhh...several long days coming :(

TangoMic

Today the anxiety really hit...gonna be a long few weeks awaiting results. It seems that the active duty applicants are usually the first to hear (at least based on feedback on this forum). Ughhhh...several long days coming :(
I thought that was the case as well until the November SNA/NFO results for us civilians came out before active duty people.

Regardless, the last intel board I applied to took 3 weeks. Hopefully because Christmas is coming up it wont take much over 2 or 2 1/2 weeks.

Good Luck everyone!

Eonami

CTI1(IW)
The suspense is killing me!

On a brighter note, however, our command OPC stopped by my office yesterday to let me know that my package was confirmed to have made it to the board. I have had a tiny bit of dread in the back of my mind since the day we sent it in that for one reason or another it would get lost in the shuffle, so that was a huge relief. Hopefully we see results soon; last year's DEC board convened on the 7th and results were trickling out by the 18th, so with any luck, we should start seeing them by the end of the coming week or the beginning of the next week.

Checking in. Sorry for the super late post... I have just been biting my nails here and overlooked this room for the Dec. 5 board. This is my first time up, 8 years prior enlisted, applied for IP, CW, and SWO IP. Good Luck!!!

Last edited:

sampark85

The suspense is killing me!

On a brighter note, however, our command OPC stopped by my office yesterday to let me know that my package was confirmed to have made it to the board. I have had a tiny bit of dread in the back of my mind since the day we sent it in that for one reason or another it would get lost in the shuffle, so that was a huge relief. Hopefully we see results soon; last year's DEC board convened on the 7th and results were trickling out by the 18th, so with any luck, we should start seeing them by the end of the coming week or the beginning of the next week.

I hope this is true! Pro Rec would be a nice Christmas present!!