• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS December 2016 IWC Board

Jason Williamson

I think those GPA's will make you stand out, given your age you probably only have one shot since you need to be commissioned by age 42.

I think March may be the actual last board but not sure if I have enough turnaround time for FINSEL limbo and OCS before I hit 42 in Sep. Age waiver?? Let's hope its not needed!!

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Scratch off SUPPLY from your signature line. NRC will not accept supply kits if it's your third or beyond choice.
It's so OBE at this point, but when filled out the forms, there were five lines, which gave me the impression that five choices were auth'd. My situation dictated an IWC pick-3, but I'm just curious as to how long the "Put us third, and we'll put you last" thing has been, well, a thing.

exNavyOffRec

It's so OBE at this point, but when filled out the forms, there were five lines, which gave me the impression that five choices were auth'd. My situation dictated an IWC pick-3, but I'm just curious as to how long the "Put us third, and we'll put you last" thing has been, well, a thing.

about 4 years for most, but for Supply and for the IWC around 7?

exNavyOffRec

I think March may be the actual last board but not sure if I have enough turnaround time for FINSEL limbo and OCS before I hit 42 in Sep. Age waiver?? Let's hope its not needed!!

42 in Sep means you would need to be in OCS by June, but it is probable that by March they will have issued FS letters for the rest of the FY 17 spots, so keep your fingers crossed for this board.

42 is the max age, they don't have waivers for AD above that.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Back in the day applicants can put down a full five. Nowadays the unofficial rules call for 2-3 at the very most, with many programs not accepting a third or beyond choice. The new APSR, which came out last month still has five in case the rules go back to the old way (which is doubtful).

rousja01

Checking In! Emailed it off last week and never received confirmation. Resubmitted as the FAQ said I should.. we shall see.
I emailed mine in two days ago and haven't received any sort of confirmation either. Planning to resend if I don't hear back soon. Out of curiosity, how is everyone else going about emailing their application in? Even after optimizing, my scanned package was around 24MB... much too big to email. I ended up breaking it down into 4 different PDFs and emailing the individual parts in successively. Hoping that's not an issue!

DoubleDownAWO

I emailed mine in two days ago and haven't received any sort of confirmation either. Planning to resend if I don't hear back soon. Out of curiosity, how is everyone else going about emailing their application in? Even after optimizing, my scanned package was around 24MB... much too big to email. I ended up breaking it down into 4 different PDFs and emailing the individual parts in successively. Hoping that's not an issue!

Geez! 24 seems a bit excessive, I was at 85 pages at around 11 MB. I did an in-depth search of this issue on the forums and found that this happens time to time during the due date of packages.

rousja01

Geez! 24 seems a bit excessive, I was at 85 pages at around 11 MB. I did an in-depth search of this issue on the forums and found that this happens time to time during the due date of packages.
So did you end up breaking yours up into multiple parts, or were you able to fit all 11MB in one email?

DoubleDownAWO

So did you end up breaking yours up into multiple parts, or were you able to fit all 11MB in one email?

All in one email, The department that receives these documents reviews everything first. I would assume if they had issues with your 4 part submission, they would contact you or the NCC that submitted it.

Krystal5

I might be a bit late to the party, but hello everyone! I'm checking in for the December board from Hawaii and this will be my second board I've applied to. First time was directly after graduating from college and now after being a B600 (or the artist formerly known as an IS) for a bit and working on my masters, I'm trying for it again. Good luck to everyone out there. :)

Last edited:

Eonami

CTI1(IW)
Hey everyone, apologies for posting so late, but it took a while to get my account approved. I applied for the December 5th IWC board as well. This is my first time up, but I feel that the whole application process went really well. I'm an AD B512 (ex-CTI, Korean type) with almost 9 years in. Good luck all!

All,

Creating this thread for those who are applying to the December 2016 IWC selection board.

There was not a thread created for the September 2016 board and the previous June 2016 thread is getting a bit congested.

Board date: 5 December 2016

Checking in for INTEL, too. Good luck!

SemperFiDay

Back in the day applicants can put down a full five. Nowadays the unofficial rules call for 2-3 at the very most, with many programs not accepting a third or beyond choice. The new APSR, which came out last month still has five in case the rules go back to the old way (which is doubtful).

FYI, I spoke with the processer and was told that NRC confirmed that the quotas were no longer a requirement (e.g. SWO as 1 or 2). not sure if that is what you were referring to, but this was as of last week from the processor.

exNavyOffRec

FYI, I spoke with the processer and was told that NRC confirmed that the quotas were no longer a requirement (e.g. SWO as 1 or 2). not sure if that is what you were referring to, but this was as of last week from the processor.

Just because it isn't automatically rejected doesn't mean it will go through, many designators have an unwritten rule that they don't take anyone but those who place them 1 or 2, for a while several years ago Supply would just pro N anyone that didn't list them as 1, it cut down on the applications they needed to look at.