• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dec Metoc Boards

Cougars15

Im new but I haven't seen too much about Metoc. I'm retaking the OAR in Nov. I've score 50 and 42 on previous exams. I just took the practice and I got a 69.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Im new but I haven't seen too much about Metoc. I'm retaking the OAR in Nov. I've score 50 and 42 on previous exams. I just took the practice and I got a 69.

There isn't an OCS METOC program or board. Talk to your OR to come up with a more realistic plan of attack.

Renegade One

None
I appologize sir.
ij8g4b.jpg

Cougars15

I am again sorry let me re-explain myself. Good Afternoon Gentlemen and Ladies. My screen name is Cougars 15 and I am applying to Navy OCS for FY17. I am a prior USNA Midshipman who was separated for an honor offense. I lied about my height for a weigh in back in May 2013. Since then through some hard work, determination, and even some time without a home for a bit, I have managed to earn two bachelors degrees and begin work on a masters in math as well as loose 25 pounds. I am looking to join the Navy as an Officer in any way that I can no matter the community. I know my past horror offense cost me everything in my old life but now I'm trying to create a new one where I can beneficially serve my country.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Your honesty is a great first step. You can recover from a mistake like that. I went to AOCS as an enlisted Marine with an Article 15 in my file - it was forgiven. The simple truth is that all you can do is apply and put in the effort to make it happen.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Your honesty is a great first step. You can recover from a mistake like that. I went to AOCS as an enlisted Marine with an Article 15 in my file - it was forgiven. The simple truth is that all you can do is apply and put in the effort to make it happen.

Different times, different branches, and of course different programs. OCEANO accepts maybe 3-5 people a year, usually those with related undergrad and preferably masters degrees. Many of them selected are either active duty or prior enlisted AGs who have the experience and NEC. For those who aren't, related civilian experience is strongly desired.

If the OP's overall desire is to be an officer, I strongly suggest Pilot/NFO/SWO options.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Different times, different branches, and of course different programs. OCEANO accepts maybe 3-5 people a year, usually those with related undergrad and preferably masters degrees. Many of them selected are either active duty or prior enlisted AGs who have the experience and NEC. For those who aren't, related civilian experience is strongly desired.

If the OP's overall desire is to be an officer, I strongly suggest Pilot/NFO/SWO options.

Agreed in every way. I was advocating toward the part where he said he wanted to serve in any capacity.
The "different times" thing is true as well. I loath the push for imaginary "zero-defect" people.

exNavyOffRec

I am again sorry let me re-explain myself. Good Afternoon Gentlemen and Ladies. My screen name is Cougars 15 and I am applying to Navy OCS for FY17. I am a prior USNA Midshipman who was separated for an honor offense. I lied about my height for a weigh in back in May 2013. Since then through some hard work, determination, and even some time without a home for a bit, I have managed to earn two bachelors degrees and begin work on a masters in math as well as loose 25 pounds. I am looking to join the Navy as an Officer in any way that I can no matter the community. I know my past horror offense cost me everything in my old life but now I'm trying to create a new one where I can beneficially serve my country.

I would pay attention to RUFIO's post, many designators including ones like Supply, and IWC look for anything to give someone a Pro N, given the issue in your past and lack of experience look at the designators RUFIO mentioned.

also for many years Oceano picked 1 per year so 3-5 is a big increase, no saying how long that could last.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I would pay attention to RUFIO's post, many designators including ones like Supply, and IWC look for anything to give someone a Pro N, given the issue in your past and lack of experience look at the designators RUFIO mentioned.

also for many years Oceano picked 1 per year so 3-5 is a big increase, no saying how long that could last.

I would expect that number to go back down. We don't have official goals/quotas for FY17 and there's growing word that official numbers will be 30% below the norm.

AUav8r

Grizzly
pilot
I would expect that number to go back down. We don't have official goals/quotas for FY17 and there's growing word that official numbers will be 30% below the norm.
is that 30% across the board for all jobs, or just oceano?