• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEC '15 IDC Board

flynndyl

Stats from the board. Since my intro to recruiting in August 2013, this is the lowest rate I've seen and the lowest intel selects. My opinion (and only mine) is that the IDC Board wrapped up FY16 goals with this board and will start selecting for FY17 at the next board. Take that for what it's worth. Keep your head up, better your package, and re-submit. For the rare few selects, CONGRATULATIONS!

240 overall to board. 22 selected. 9.2% selection rate.

Intel: 6 from NRDs / 1 from fleet (this is a VERY low number for Intel selects)
IW: 5 from NRDs / 1 from fleet
SWO-IW: zero
IP: 6 from fleet only (this is normal)
SWO-IP: zero
Oceano: 3 from NRDs only
SWO-OCEANO: zero
Cyber: zero
I may be the only one here happy with these numbers. 3 picked up for oceano, and here I was expecting a goose egg.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
I may be the only one here happy with these numbers. 3 picked up for oceano, and here I was expecting a goose egg.
I hope you get the call soon. Oceano is known for surprising us. It's my favorite program of all programs out there...yet so few people apply to it. It's an awesome career path.

exNavyOffRec

Stats from the board. Since my intro to recruiting in August 2013, this is the lowest rate I've seen and the lowest intel selects. My opinion (and only mine) is that the IDC Board wrapped up FY16 goals with this board and will start selecting for FY17 at the next board. Take that for what it's worth. Keep your head up, better your package, and re-submit. For the rare few selects, CONGRATULATIONS!

240 overall to board. 22 selected. 9.2% selection rate.

Intel: 6 from NRDs / 1 from fleet (this is a VERY low number for Intel selects)
IW: 5 from NRDs / 1 from fleet
SWO-IW: zero
IP: 6 from fleet only (this is normal)
SWO-IP: zero
Oceano: 3 from NRDs only
SWO-OCEANO: zero
Cyber: zero

These are what used to be normal numbers for each board, Dec boards used to get cancelled all the time. Just 240 applications to board is low, there were boards that would have several hundred up to 1000 applications.

Chop07

These are what used to be normal numbers for each board, Dec boards used to get cancelled all the time. Just 240 applications to board is low, there were boards that would have several hundred up to 1000 applications.
What has helped thin the applicants has been the new Program Authorizations (PAs). By raising the minimum GPA to 2.8 for most IDC programs and the OAR of 45 to apply, they cut their numbers (and workload at board time) a lot. Had that not been done, the number of applicants would've been much higher as this is the first board since October 1st when the new fiscal year rolled in for the recruiting force.

exNavyOffRec

What has helped thin the applicants has been the new Program Authorizations (PAs). By raising the minimum GPA to 2.8 for most IDC programs and the OAR of 45 to apply, they cut their numbers (and workload at board time) a lot. Had that not been done, the number of applicants would've been much higher as this is the first board since October 1st when the new fiscal year rolled in for the recruiting force.

very true, in the past there were a few times when they had NRC make across the board cuts based on a specific factor (I believe GPA). I am surprised with such low numbers they just didn't do what they have done before and just cancel and roll this one into the next one.

zack13usa

I work at a bike shop and my recruiter walks in. My heart drops when I see him expecting to get an answer. It turns out he was just shopping for Christmas presents. I told him the results were out and he called me about an hour later, pro rec y oceano!!
Glad to know that someone from this threat is finally got a Pro rec y. Well deserved flynndyl

Chop07

I told him the results were out and he called me about an hour later, pro rec y oceano!!
Awesome. Self control is what it took not to just tell you straight up! Congratulations. It is no small feat to get selected for this. Enjoy!

exNavyOffRec

I work at a bike shop and my recruiter walks in. My heart drops when I see him expecting to get an answer. It turns out he was just shopping for Christmas presents. I told him the results were out and he called me about an hour later, pro rec y oceano!!

Your GPA was excellent, great OAR, and degree, the only question I would have had for you getting a spot was if they would have any spots and they did!

WxCPO

If you have any questions about Oceano, let me know.

Wize

Its an PROREC-N for me... Received an email from the Fleet Processor... He also stated BOL should be updated this afternoon for all fleet applicants...
On to the LDO Board and E7 exam next month for me... Good luck to those still waiting on their results!

zack13usa

I just spoke to my recruiter and she said my package was "on hold" it wasn't processed due to missing transcript!
According to her my package will be reviewed by March's board. Peter Choi It sounds like you and I were on the same boat here.

exNavyOffRec

I just spoke to my recruiter and she said my package was "on hold" it wasn't processed due to missing transcript!
According to her my package will be reviewed by March's board. Peter Choi It sounds like you and I were on the same boat here.

That is unsat, she should have known about that right away, I NEVER had an application get sent back due to missing documents! I did have one sent back because they couldn't read all the data and that was easily fixed.