• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEC '15 IDC Board

Peter Choi

PM is program manager, that is the person that reviews the application before they send it to board, since the board was scheduled to start last Monday you application should be going to the next board.
ok thanks for the valuable information @NavyOffRec . So it is going to the next board i really hoped that it'd make it to the December board.

zack13usa

IDC results hopefully before the holiday stand down (17-18 Dec) but more probable after the New Year.

The Anticipation is Killing Me. This has been the longest week and what worries me the most is the possibility that my application might never has made it to the board...I never received an "actual" confirmation from my recruiter. Haven't had a reply from NRD since early November :/
Not sure about you guys but I'm seeing this on some of the other threads, see below

I understand your pain. My previous OR let me know a week after the August SWO board that my kit hadn't even gone to board, after telling me multiple times that it was just waiting for the board to convene. It's very frustrating

Thoughts!

Last edited:

Peter Choi

The Anticipation is Killing Me. This has been the longest week and what worries me the most is the possibility that my application might never has made it to the board...I never received an "actual" confirmation from my recruiter. Haven't had a reply from NRD since early November :/
Not sure about you guys but I'm seeing this on some of the other threads, see below

Thoughts!

@zack13usa, what @banjosquirrel said, I think his OR is pretty responsible the fact that at least the OR let the applicant know it didn't make it to the board. My recruiter assured me multiple times that it had everything and is ready for the review 4 months ago and even told me that the September board was cancelled (but I see that it happened from following other thread). I can't get in touch with him for 4 months and I found out that my app isn't going to the December board one either because my processor emailed me for the first time saying it's missing the tatoo form (i don't even have any and i gave that to my OR 6 months ago). So I had to give that to my processor and call her 3 times to make sure that it'll go to the next board which is in March. I called my OR he didn't pick up as usual so I left him a text message saying the December board passed and there's March board coming up because he said he doesn't know when the board is scheduled and it happens arbitrarily when I asked what month is board happening after he told me the September board got cancelled...

zack13usa

Duh, everyone is gone for the weekend.

True, but luckily my recruiter called me back few minutes later but as you mentioned she was out of office already....So..
The good news is that she has confirmed that my package was "submitted" for this board so that's great (kinda made my day) :D
Other than that I give her the Sharepoint site number so she can check it out when she can I was surprised that she never knew about it.
Having that said Monday seems to be the day (at least I won't be waiting on fire through the holidays)

Zack

zack13usa

@Peter Choi, here's a good explanation of what could be the reason your application was sitting in limbo...
The quota is just a goal for the NRD, they can still submit packages even if they have met their quota. Some NRDs like to hold packages and "bank" them to meet their future quotas since they don't get any extra benefits from going over the goal. Most likely you kit didn't even make it to the board and was withheld somewhere in the NRD.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Stats from the board. Since my intro to recruiting in August 2013, this is the lowest rate I've seen and the lowest intel selects. My opinion (and only mine) is that the IDC Board wrapped up FY16 goals with this board and will start selecting for FY17 at the next board. Take that for what it's worth. Keep your head up, better your package, and re-submit. For the rare few selects, CONGRATULATIONS!

240 overall to board. 22 selected. 9.2% selection rate.

Intel: 6 from NRDs / 1 from fleet (this is a VERY low number for Intel selects)
IW: 5 from NRDs / 1 from fleet
SWO-IW: zero
IP: 6 from fleet only (this is normal)
SWO-IP: zero
Oceano: 3 from NRDs only
SWO-OCEANO: zero
Cyber: zero