• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEC '15 IDC Board

exNavyOffRec

Why would a recruiter hide or lie about board convening dates?

could be he is clueless, could be what ManiCanToo said, or it could be that Peter Choi's recruiter believes that he isn't a good candidate due to low GPA or some other reason and he is hoping that by saying it was postponed he will lose interest, or maybe his recruiter knows something and the board was pushed?? it has happened to December boards before.

ManiCanToo

could be he is clueless, could be what ManiCanToo said, or it could be that Peter Choi's recruiter believes that he isn't a good candidate due to low GPA or some other reason and he is hoping that by saying it was postponed he will lose interest, or maybe his recruiter knows something and the board was pushed?? it has happened to December boards before.

^^^ I agree.

Peter Choi

Why would a recruiter hide or lie about board convening dates?

what I felt, not confirmed, is that he doesn't really care that much to look it up and give me the real update... He submitted the packet so it may not be worth his time to find out about when the actual board convenes or not because it doesn't change the outcome for him.... so it's like someone working with you up to the moment the buyer pays the seller and after that the seller doesn't care about the product's warranty... Frankly that's how I feel with the recruiter. I texted him 2 days ago that that I found the board is convening this Saturday and, as usual, he doesn't reply.

Peter Choi

I guess all those are valid reasons... except the fact that the recruiter believes there's something about my application that makes me less competitive... Regardless of what I think of my application, which I think it is competitive, all recruiters should promptly notify what the result is if it does come out... I'm sure not all applicats including the ones who are competitive get selected and that no recruiter gets every applicant in to the OSC... so my point is if he truly thought my application was not competitive enough or not selected, he should tell me so I can go on with my life too. That reasoning makes the least sense out of all the ones you listed.

exNavyOffRec

I guess all those are valid reasons... except the fact that the recruiter believes there's something about my application that makes me less competitive... Regardless of what I think of my application, which I think it is competitive, all recruiters should promptly notify what the result is if it does come out... I'm sure not all applicats including the ones who are competitive get selected and that no recruiter gets every applicant in to the OSC... so my point is if he truly thought my application was not competitive enough or not selected, he should tell me so I can go on with my life too. That reasoning makes the least sense out of all the ones you listed.

There is application goaling, so even if he thought you weren't competitive he may have you apply, and you are right, even competitive people don't get picked, only about 10% for IDC get picked so most get bad news, an OR still has to notify them in a reasonable time. The perfect candidate for IDC is someone with a tech degree, high GPA, prior service, and some great what I call "other stuff"

ManiCanToo

@NavyOffRec just out of curiosity, what is considered a high GPA? That is, is it a 3.0, 3.3, 3.5, or 4.0? Those were just random numbers thrown out there with the last being obvious.

Do they take into account the college you went to as well. The reasoning is this, I went to a UC and earned a 3.6 in math but did some graduate courses at a California state school and there was a drop off in the level of rigor. I probably could have gotten pretty close to a 4.0 at the state school. Not to knock on anyone's degree but, I would take that into consideration as well. I'm not sure what the boards think about it either. But IMHO, a stem degree at a solid school sounds like a good resume vs non stem with high GPA from a school that's more interested in just passing people. Thoughts...

exNavyOffRec

@NavyOffRec just out of curiosity, what is considered a high GPA? That is, is it a 3.0, 3.3, 3.5, or 4.0? Those were just random numbers thrown out there with the last being obvious.

Do they take into account the college you went to as well. The reasoning is this, I went to a UC and earned a 3.6 in math but did some graduate courses at a California state school and there was a drop off in the level of rigor. I probably could have gotten pretty close to a 4.0 at the state school. Not to knock on anyone's degree but, I would take that into consideration as well. I'm not sure what the boards think about it either. But IMHO, a stem degree at a solid school sounds like a good resume vs non stem with high GPA from a school that's more interested in just passing people. Thoughts...

I would consider high GPA 3.5 or better, and for school not really, they only have very little time per application, and really calculus is the same everywhere it isn't like it get harder from one school to the other, now the grading to get an A may be different at one than the other, but you see that at little private colleges as well.

September Board Convene Date: 21 September 2015
Results Posted in BOL: 28 September 2015

December Board Coneven Date: 07 December 2015
zack13usa is probaby right. Looking at 14-20 December 2015, depending on how the work the upcoming Holiday stand down.

car975

There is no board in December, there never has been one set for December 2015. The board convenes 18 JAN 2016. Source - I am a Navy Officer Recruiter.