• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEC '15 IDC Board

zack13usa

6 more days to go or maybe 4 to Dec 5th board!
Anyway, I wonder how many had their applications submitted for this round?

ManiCanToo

I'm trying to wait patiently. It's a nervous yet exciting feeling. I feel like I'm pretty competitive but, you just never know. Hopefully the turn around time for the results happens before Christmas. Until then, I teach high school kids algebra... ugh!!

gschem

I heard that this was going to be a large board, both in terms of applications accepted and slots filled, partially due to how few people were selected out of the last board.

Earlier this year I spoke to the IDC Community Manager, who told me that FY14 saw 12-1300 applicants for 40-50 slots ... but for the life of me, I can't remember if that was for the entire community or just for Intel, and I don't know enough about the size of the community to hazard a guess.

exNavyOffRec

I heard that this was going to be a large board, both in terms of applications accepted and slots filled, partially due to how few people were selected out of the last board.

Earlier this year I spoke to the IDC Community Manager, who told me that FY14 saw 12-1300 applicants for 40-50 slots ... but for the life of me, I can't remember if that was for the entire community or just for Intel, and I don't know enough about the size of the community to hazard a guess.

There have been a few times where there were several hundred applications for a few spots, the number you were told sounds like a total over a year of boards, per FY Intel usually has about 50 billets, IW about 50 billets and the rest just a handful, so those get broken up over several boards, so don't count on large numbers of selections, usual selection rate is about 10% overall, sometimes a little better, sometimes a little worse.

Candidates that would be sure selects for other designators are easily a non select for any IDC designator

ManiCanToo

Uhhhh... sounds pretty good to me. I hope they select a crazy amount of people. I'm talking an anomaly. :) From whom did you happen to hear that this board was going to select a larger amount of people? That is, did you hear it from your OR whom wants to give you good vibes or some other credible source? Cheers!

Edit: just saw the IDC manager. :)

gschem

There have been a few times where there were several hundred applications for a few spots, the number you were told sounds like a total over a year of boards, per FY Intel usually has about 50 billets, IW about 50 billets and the rest just a handful, so those get broken up over several boards, so don't count on large numbers of selections, usual selection rate is about 10% overall, sometimes a little better, sometimes a little worse.

Candidates that would be sure selects for other designators are easily a non select for any IDC designator

That's why I'm not getting my hope up too high! As for the numbers - the 12-1300 was for the total FY, which would mean he was referring to Intel vice IDC overall. Thanks you!

gschem

Uhhhh... sounds pretty good to me. I hope they select a crazy amount of people. I'm talking an anomaly. :) From whom did you happen to hear that this board was going to select a larger amount of people? That is, did you hear it from your OR whom wants to give you good vibes or some other credible source? Cheers!

Edit: just saw the IDC manager. :)
The IDC manager told me about the number of applicants and billets when I spoke to him months ago; the upcoming board taking in/selecting a good amount was from the Admiral who wrote my LOR. She's not in Millington and I'm not sure who she heard from, but I tend to believe her :)

exNavyOffRec

The IDC manager told me about the number of applicants and billets when I spoke to him months ago; the upcoming board taking in/selecting a good amount was from the Admiral who wrote my LOR. She's not in Millington and I'm not sure who she heard from, but I tend to believe her :)

doubtful, the numbers don't change very much at all from FY to FY, and NRC tells the board the numbers they need, and many that were selected early this year in what was supposed to be a FY 15 board shipped for FY16 billets, there have been a few times the board picked the numbers they thought and people ended up waiting over 2 years to go to OCS.

gschem

there have been a few times the board picked the numbers they thought and people ended up waiting over 2 years to go to OCS.
I have heard of that as well, and fairly regularly. The reasoning for this being a larger board, as I was told, is because the previous was so conservative. We shall see.

exNavyOffRec

I have heard of that as well, and fairly regularly. The reasoning for this being a larger board, as I was told, is because the previous was so conservative. We shall see.

from the results posted here it was right in line or over, figure 50 billets, divided by 3 boards is about 17 per board, it was last December I believe they only selected IW and then only those on active duty, December is generally not a good selection month, it is after many selections have been done and before hard goals are figured out.

gschem

from the results posted here it was right in line or over, figure 50 billets, divided by 3 boards is about 17 per board, it was last December I believe they only selected IW and then only those on active duty, December is generally not a good selection month, it is after many selections have been done and before hard goals are figured out.
Gotcha. Thank you!

Feeling a combination of nerves and focus right now. My age only allows for me to apply for the next year, so trying to worry less about results, and focus more on the next application submission. Been a rough year, maybe it will end on a good note.

Peter Choi

I'm glad to find this thread and site. I applied for IW, INTEL, IP, in January of this year. I started the process in January of this year. My last recruiter never returned my calls, emails, or texts, and this new one is the same. For the last 5 weeks, I've been calling him, maybe 3 times per week, and emailed and texted him, because I wanted to know when the board convenes. Today, this is the verbatim of what he texted me back finally: "Not sure yet until new instruction comes out. Will keep you posted just know that your package is sent off and it will be there when board does convene". My package was ready for submission in August of this year and he told me in August that the September board got cancelled. He told me in September that the December board got pushed to February. All I'm hoping for now is he actually has courtesy to contact me to let me know either I got in or not after the December board's results come out.