• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEC '15 IDC Board

ManiCanToo

Next Pilot/NFO board will be on 01DEC2015.
Next SWO board will be on 08DEC2015.
Attached is the current OCS board schedule. Here is a link to the PERS website that also posts our board schedule http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/careercounseling/Pages/CommissioningPrograms.aspx

We are working to get all the Program Authorizations uploaded to the same site.
Following the link and navigating your way to the doc. containing the board schedules you'll notice under IDC that the board is convening mid January 2016. However, I looked at the top of the spread sheet and it said it was last updated on 26 Aug 2015. Not sure how valid this is since the last word I received was in September. Anyone want to chime in on what your recruiters have been saying?

exNavyOffRec

Following the link and navigating your way to the doc. containing the board schedules you'll notice under IDC that the board is convening mid January 2016. However, I looked at the top of the spread sheet and it said it was last updated on 26 Aug 2015. Not sure how valid this is since the last word I received was in September. Anyone want to chime in on what your recruiters have been saying?

The board schedule does get revised, but usually it is strike out board dates, so what you see is what you get.

Aircrewman28

NRC
None
The board schedule is updated annually by sending the schedule to all the Officer Community Managers to agree to the proposed dates. What I uploaded in the most current and accurate schedule.

WxCPO

I think you are looking at the DCO board (for reservists) Below are the upcoming boards for IDC:
BOARD # AC GENOFF Boards Community Sponsor / Application Submission Window Recommended /NRD Due Date / * NRC Application Due/ Date Convene/ Board's Focus / Notes
15-115 IDC (INTEL/IW/IP/ OCEANO & SWO-IDC Options) PROBOARD OPNAV N2/N6 14-May-15 to 26-Aug-15 / 19-Aug-15 / 26-Aug-15 / 21-Sep-15 / To pick FY16 quotas
16-161 IDC (INTEL/IW/IP/ OCEANO & SWO-IDC Options) PROBOARD OPNAV N2/N6 27-Aug-15 to 04-Nov-15 / 28-Oct-15 / 4-Nov-15 / 7-Dec-15 / To pick FY16 quotas
16-162 IDC (INTEL/IW/IP/ OCEANO & SWO-IDC Options) PROBOARD OPNAV N2/N6 4-Nov-15 to 5-Feb-16 / 29-Jan-16 / 5-Feb-16 / 7-Mar-16 / To pick FY16 quotas
16-163 IDC (INTEL/IW/IP/ OCEANO & SWO-IDC Options) PROBOARD OPNAV N2/N6 5-Feb-16 to 13-May-16 / 6-May-16 / 13-May-16 / 13-Jun-16 / To pick FY17 quotas
16-164 IDC (INTEL/IW/IP/ OCEANO & SWO-IDC Options) PROBOARD OPNAV N2/N6 13-May-16 to 19-Aug-16 / 12-Aug-16 / 19-Aug-16 / 19-Sep-16 / To pick FY17 quotas
17-161 IDC (INTEL/IW/IP/ OCEANO & SWO-IDC Options) PROBOARD OPNAV N2/N6 19-Aug-16 to 4-Nov-16 / 28-Oct-16 / 4-Nov-16 / 5-Dec-16 / To pick FY17 quotas

zack13usa

What happens next? Can anyone help me fill in the blanks?!
  1. IDC board meets on Dec or Jan
  2. Receive a ProRec Y or N within ------?
  3. Receive Final Select after ------ or within------?
  4. OCS shipment date after ------?
  5. What else is missing? ------

M. Karlos Green

The board convenes 7DEC2015. From what I've seen, the board results vary. For instance, Sept. board results came out within 2-3 weeks. I've seen board results take 2 months to come out. Once the results are out, you'll be notified by email stating they you were selected. Depending on how soon that want to push your particular designator with determine when you OCS ship date will be. All in all, that is the just. Being active duty, I'm not 100% sure of the route you take after being notified other than contact your recruiter the major paperwork process and identifying your date.

gschem

From my recruiter, here's what I've heard:

1. IDC board meets 7Dec.
2. Receive a ProRec Y or N within one week (take with large grain of salt).
3. Receive a Final Select after 6-8 weeks of paperwork, if everything goes smoothly and nothing changes in the interim.
4. OCS shipment date likely early/mid-2016, given that the September IDC board was for FY16 quotas. Subject to change, especially as selectees drop out of OCS classes prior to convening.
5. Your guess is as good as mine.

exNavyOffRec

1. IDC board meets 7Dec.
3. Receive a Final Select after 6-8 weeks of paperwork, if everything goes smoothly and nothing changes in the interim.
4. OCS shipment date likely early/mid-2016, given that the September IDC board was for FY16 quotas. Subject to change, especially as selectees drop out of OCS classes prior to convening.

pretty close but FS letters are generally issued 6-8 weeks before OCS, and several have waited up to 9 months, many of the spring board rec'd OCS dates in the fall which is FY 16 so many of those FY 16 spots have been filled.

Don't count on the board happening for all on Dec 7th, they have been known to change things, I think last year that was the board that they only reviewed active duty applicants, then the year before they only looked at those applying for a specific designator.

Some of the reason for this is that by December many selections have been made but the goals (FY16 in this case) have not been solidified so they are trying to balance selecting some but not too many, they over-selected a few times and that resulted in wait times up to 2 years, they try to avoid that.

zack13usa

Pro Rec N from September 2015 IDC Board...

33, Male, Active Duty US Navy 14 years
OAR: 52
B.S. Information Technology Management
GPA: 3.8

Putting together another kit for December. Does anyone know where to find package due dates? Emailed OCS Questions, but still have not recieved a response.

Do you mind if I ask why were you ProRec-N? and what did you do to fix your package?

zack13usa

1. IDC board meets 7Dec.

Thanks Gschem

gschem

pretty close but FS letters are generally issued 6-8 weeks before OCS, and several have waited up to 9 months, many of the spring board rec'd OCS dates in the fall which is FY 16 so many of those FY 16 spots have been filled.

Don't count on the board happening for all on Dec 7th, they have been known to change things, I think last year that was the board that they only reviewed active duty applicants, then the year before they only looked at those applying for a specific designator.

Some of the reason for this is that by December many selections have been made but the goals (FY16 in this case) have not been solidified so they are trying to balance selecting some but not too many, they over-selected a few times and that resulted in wait times up to 2 years, they try to avoid that.

Gotcha! Thank you for clarifying. The waiting game continues...

Wize

Plot twist...

The 07DEC15 IDC Board should be going on as scheduled... I was one of the 11 that NRC contacted couple days ago via email to confirm if we were interested in resubmitting an OCS package for that specific board. I was originally PROREC-N from the JUN2015 IDC Board.

zack13usa

Plot twist...

The 07DEC15 IDC Board should be going on as scheduled... I was one of the 11 that NRC contacted couple days ago via email to confirm if we were interested in resubmitting an OCS package for that specific board. I was originally PROREC-N from the JUN2015 IDC Board.

Thanks for the update Wize, my application processor received a request to re-submit something missing from my transcript for that board as well so we did