• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DEC '15 IDC Board

ManiCanToo

Greetings all, I figured that I would start this thread since I'm sure some have missed the Sept. '15 IDC Board like I have. Feel free to post your stats and give updates freely. It'll be interesting to see all that get selected and what the board was looking for. Any who, a little bit about me.

I am prior service Navy (5yrs). I was a Hospital Corpsman third class. I graduated with a math degree and carried a 3.6 GPA. I scored a 56 on the OAR. I volunteered at the veteran success center tutoring math. I believe I wrote a strong motivational statement. Also, I received LORs from professors and the Dept. Head of veteran success center.

Now the exciting part, I applied for SWO-IP, Intel, and SWO (In that order). I am hoping I get picked up for any one of the positions. Cheers!

exNavyOffRec

If your application hasn't been submitted you might change a few things, SWO has been not reviewing applications where SWO is 3rd to 5th.

I would put IW vice SWO-IP since SWO-IP has very few spots compared to Intel, which compared to other designators has very few spots.

ManiCanToo

If your application hasn't been submitted you might change a few things, SWO has been not reviewing applications where SWO is 3rd to 5th.

I would put IW vice SWO-IP since SWO-IP has very few spots compared to Intel, which compared to other designators has very few spots.

Hello @NavyOffRec, thank you for your input. Unfortunately my package has already been submitted. I wasn't aware at the time of submission of how selective SWO-IP is. Good news is I can switch it next go around should I not get picked up :-/

Also, regarding the SWO as third choice, I hope the board considers that I put SWO-IP as a number one choice vice nothing SWO-X in choice one or two. However, again, should I get passed up I'll go ahead and switch things up before the next board like IDC, SWO, and XXX. I understand you must wait the six months before reapplying unless something significantly changes in your package. I have heard that the ASTB qualifies for that significant thing???... Thus, in my case, I would simply retake the ASTB as I didn't study for it the first time around.

I had contacted my OR about switching the jobs up and he advised me not to do it since my package was submitted already. He noted that it wouldn't send a good message to the boards about me. (A guy that can't make up his mind.) I agreed, hence we're rolling with what I got. Cheers!

exNavyOffRec

Hello @NavyOffRec, thank you for your input. Unfortunately my package has already been submitted. I wasn't aware at the time of submission of how selective SWO-IP is. Good news is I can switch it next go around should I not get picked up :-/

Also, regarding the SWO as third choice, I hope the board considers that I put SWO-IP as a number one choice vice nothing SWO-X in choice one or two. However, again, should I get passed up I'll go ahead and switch things up before the next board like IDC, SWO, and XXX. I understand you must wait the six months before reapplying unless something significantly changes in your package. I have heard that the ASTB qualifies for that significant thing???... Thus, in my case, I would simply retake the ASTB as I didn't study for it the first time around.

I had contacted my OR about switching the jobs up and he advised me not to do it since my package was submitted already. He noted that it wouldn't send a good message to the boards about me. (A guy that can't make up his mind.) I agreed, hence we're rolling with what I got. Cheers!

In order to switch jobs you application would need to be rejected back to NRD then go back up, so yes not the best for time considerations, as far as message, the board doesn't see if you changed anything at all so sounds like he just discouraging you from causing him work.

If they hold to past they will not send you to SWO board if it is number 3 so the board won't see it, so they can't select you, and SWO options are not the SWO board it is the IDC board.

ManiCanToo

In order to switch jobs you application would need to be rejected back to NRD then go back up, so yes not the best for time considerations, as far as message, the board doesn't see if you changed anything at all so sounds like he just discouraging you from causing him work.

If they hold to past they will not send you to SWO board if it is number 3 so the board won't see it, so they can't select you, and SWO options are not the SWO board it is the IDC board.

Hi again @NavyOffRec. If they hold to past actions of not even sending your kit to the SWO board if you have it listed as number three, would this mean that I wouldn't have to revise or make a significant change to my kit? That is, I know I couldn't choose any of the other IDC rates that I had already chosen. I would just have to chose a new one e.g. IW but, still being able to select the SWO rating?

exNavyOffRec

Hi again @NavyOffRec. If they hold to past actions of not even sending your kit to the SWO board if you have it listed as number three, would this mean that I wouldn't have to revise or make a significant change to my kit? That is, I know I couldn't choose any of the other IDC rates that I had already chosen. I would just have to chose a new one e.g. IW but, still being able to select the SWO rating?

If you get a Pro N for what you have listed then you have to do a whole new kit.

flynndyl

Hope you have your CALC I & II and your CALC based Physics I & II.
I went to a school with quarters but the equivalent 1,2 and 3 series were both pre-recs for my meteorology program.

It's nice to see someone in the same field on here, I know it's a small community.

SWO/IDC applicant checking in for this board. Heard from my OC today that my application will be included in the December IDC board.
  • 27, non-prior
  • OAR: 57
  • B.S. Computer Engineering from Purdue University
  • 4 years as a computer engineer with IBM
  • Central Ohio IBM Volunteer Coordinator
  • Board Member for Non-Profit Organization

Pro Rec N from September 2015 IDC Board...

33, Male, Active Duty US Navy 14 years
OAR: 52
B.S. Information Technology Management
GPA: 3.8

Putting together another kit for December. Does anyone know where to find package due dates? Emailed OCS Questions, but still have not recieved a response.

gschem

Applying for Intel, just heard that my packet will be in for the Dec board.

24, non-prior. Current federal (Navy) civilian employee.
OAR: 61
B.A. International Affairs, focus in Border Security (in Central Asia specifically).
GPA: 3.8