• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Death of the Hobby Pilot?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^ Like I say ... you gotta have standards. And they seem to be going down, down, down these days ... a death spiral.

chilidog

RetreadRand said:
OR do what I am going to do...earn my CFI and give my friends free lessons except for splitting the cost of rental and fuel

Maybe a little presumptuous coming from someone still wet behind the ears around here, but feel free to PM me if you need any new friends! :D

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Apology to Single Seat

Single Seat and I have had our own discussion within this thread about whether it is possible for a 1350 hour pilot to be hired at a major, specifically Continental.

At my request, Single Seat pm'd me the name of his friend. I have verified that the name he provided is indeed listed on the Continental seniority list. While my Continental contact could not verify the qualifications / hours of the guy when he was hired, I must now assume rest of the information Single Seat provided is also true.

So I apologize to Single Seat for calling BS to his posts.

But I also want to point out that this is the rare exception. This is not normal for a major airline. My Continental contact also said there was very senior Captain there with the same last name so he believes this is a case of the father getting the son a job.

Again, I apologize for basically calling Single Seat a liar.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Single Seat and I have had our own discussion within this thread about whether it is possible for a 1350 hour pilot to be hired at a major, specifically Continental.

At my request, Single Seat pm'd me the name of his friend. I have verified that the name he provided is indeed listed on the Continental seniority list. While my Continental contact could not verify the qualifications / hours of the guy when he was hired, I must now assume rest of the information Single Seat provided is also true.

So I apologize to Single Seat for calling BS to his posts.

But I also want to point out that this is the rare exception. This is not normal for a major airline. My Continental contact also said there was very senior Captain there with the same last name so he believes this is a case of the father getting the son a job.

Again, I apologize for basically calling Single Seat a liar.

None needed, I wouldn't believe it either. His is a cinderella story for sure.