• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dealing with relationship issues at TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndLTsgirl

This is my first post, but I've been following this site since my boyfriend started OCS, and I've found it to be very helpful... I don't want to waste everyone's time with a long thread about my relationship issues, but if anyone's gotten through TBS with a girlfriend/wife (or boyfriend/husband) and would be willing to talk to me off the board, I'd appreciate it.

He's obviously dealing with a lot right now, and is starting to question whether or not we can continue to see each other. He's not very open, so I don't know how to help us fix this bump in the road. Regardless of the outcome, I would like advice on how to help him get through this time.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
First of all, TBS really sucks. IMO, I thought it was worse than OCS. There is no time for anything and not really a way to get away from it all. You live in a small ass room with too many guys in it with you. My wife lived across the country while I was there, and we had some strain but nothing close to our relationship ending. My advice would be for you to try to be there for him to talk to when his day allows and try not to take it as something personal when he doesnt. I know thats all vague, but I hope it can help some. If you really need someone to talk to, PM me and I can get you in contact with my wife for some first hand expirence. Stay tough, s/f

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is duped in the Spouses Corner, if one of the wives/gfs could make sure the original poster can access that forum, it would be great. Otherwise we're done here.

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
This is duped in the Spouses Corner, if one of the wives/gfs could make sure the original poster can access that forum, it would be great. Otherwise we're done here.
zab - The duplicate post has been moved to the PSC, and the original poster has access. Thanks for following up on it! :)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just don't feel like reading the standard gloom and doom this will lead to in the public forums. I'll see myself out of here...

Status
Not open for further replies.