• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Deadly Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Couldnt agree more. We've had that law in Texas for years now, and there aren't any wild gunfights in the street as an opponent claimed would erupt in Florida. Good on Bush for signing it.

shortncurly

"Opponents of the bill warned during debate on the issue that it will lead to a "Wild West" atmosphere in Florida, where gun-toting people in public places will have shoot-outs because they can."

Good Lord.... hyperbole, much?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The gun-grabbers use fear, emotion, and illogical thinking to try to get their way. There is nothing wrong with this law, and similar laws are already in place in many states. There are no wild-west shoot-outs.

Two important ideas. The Castle Doctrine: A man's home is his castle and he can defend it as he sees fit. This is even in place in Massachusetts, an anti-self-defense state (if you're not a frail woman). Then there is the universal right to self-preservation. If you can't exit a situation and you are required to fight to save your life, you shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of ridiculous laws if you are in the right. This goes for civil suits too. Get rid of them. There is a reason some places are festering holes of crime. One of them is that criminals are a protected species in some places.

Better to be Judged by 12 than carried by 6.

KBayDog

The same types that want us to go through the UN in order to defend ourselves. I guess we should have just "retreated" on 9/11/01. That would have ended the violence.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
If you are going to own a firearm for personal protection -- or probably for any reason -- one of the first agenda items for you MUST be when you can shoot, when you can't, what's legal, what's practical, and, ultimately, what's realistic for you in the defense of life, limb, and property.

Talk is talk, and lawyers are lawyers. The first $$$$ class I took many years ago when I started "carrying" legally was "The Use of Deadly Force and its Legal Implications in Today's Society". That's kind of a mouthful (it was prepared by a lawyer :) ) but I would recommend to anyone with a firearm to follow a similar path.

HEADWORK ......and proper pre-flight planning ?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
The same types that want us to go through the UN in order to defend ourselves. I guess we should have just "retreated" on 9/11/01. That would have ended the violence.

Many of these people are under the impression that violence doesn't solve anything and that it only leads to more violence. They're living in a fairly tale and in sheltered worlds. In some situations, directed, deliberate violence is the only solution.

A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged. Sometimes, that's a true statement.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
If you are going to own a firearm for personal protection -- or probably for any reason -- one of the first agenda items for you MUST be when you can shoot, when you can't, what's legal, what's practical, and, ultimately, what's realistic for you in the defense of life, limb, and property.

Talk is talk, and lawyers are lawyers. The first $$$$ class I took many years ago when I started "carrying" legally was "The Use of Deadly Force and its Legal Implications in Today's Society". That's kind of a mouthful (it was prepared by a lawyer :) ) but I would recommend to anyone with a firearm to follow a similar path.

Totally and completely concur. Owning a firearm for your own protection is not something to be taken lightly. It can open up a world of hurt if you have to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.