• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

De Pol Watch Company

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess I shouldn't be, but I am continually amazed at the diverse directions that Naval Aviators go in during and after the military with their careers, hobbies and interests. I hope his company does well, pretty awesome!

John

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Awesome, can't wait until they come out with the rotary line of watches...

The De Pol "Startboard Delta"
image.png

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Out of curiosity, did the dude do any CYA to make sure it was okay to use uniform items and his position to advertise a commercial project? DODINST 5410.20 (paragraph 7)
The watches look nice, I just wouldn't want him to get in any s**t over it.

Yes, I know, I'm that guy

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Out of curiosity, did the dude do any CYA to make sure it was okay to use uniform items and his position to advertise a commercial project? DODINST 5410.20 (paragraph 7)
The watches look nice, I just wouldn't want him to get in any s**t over it.

Yes, I know, I'm that guy

I'd suggest you contact him and ask so you can get a straight answer direct from the source.

Farva01

BKR
pilot
I'd suggest you contact him and ask so you can get a straight answer direct from the source.
From him:
Thanks for the shout out! Its tough trying to keep the business and squadron separated, we talked to base legal and as long as we don't put rank or squadrons in it, it should be ok. Kinda like the Helo Idea! wonder where they got that?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
From him:
Thanks for the shout out! Its tough trying to keep the business and squadron separated, we talked to base legal and as long as we don't put rank or squadrons in it, it should be ok. Kinda like the Helo Idea! wonder where they got that?
It is always good to have some friends in the JAG world. Over the years while in the military I sat down and talked with them about this site, what could run me into trouble, etc. It's definitely prudent to spend the time to do that.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
You want a leaking prop watch? Or dollar signs?

If there's generic naval activation one (ie not tail hook or helo) id probably pick one up.

The VP/VQ guys are going to have the money... While they're single.

I was thinking more ATM, but that works, too.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Applaud the dude for going after this. I personally don't find the designs appealing for the price he's asking, but then again, I don't think I'm the target audience.

EDIT: Also interested in the details of the movement he's using.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
Applaud the dude for going after this. I personally don't find the designs appealing for the price he's asking, but then again, I don't think I'm the target audience.

EDIT: Also interested in the details of the movement he's using.

Ditto - website says "Swiss designed Quartz movement" for $1,200 - and that's a basic chronograph, not something with a bunch of features like a Breitling Airwolf. Granted, $1,200 is less than half of what Breitling charges for a custom squadron face on a quartz Aerospace, but that's also the price at which you could buy a new Tag or a used Omega. Good for him for taking the leap though - this is a notoriously difficult market to even get off the ground in.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I’ve seen them, and they are great looking watches. I would recommend one to the discerning collector.