• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

De la hoya/Mosley...who won??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

Hey guys, I know this is totally off topic, but who really won? How can you out-box someone by 90% and then lose the fight. If you saw Mosley's corner, they even looked suprised when the "winner" was announced. This is the second time now that he has been robbed in my opinion. Where is boxing going when fights are being bought? Anyone else have anything to add?...

very disgruntled Oscar fan...

paullatina

I'd like to add this question...Does this topic pertain to Naval avaition, or avaition in general? I'd recommend checking out www.espn.com for a fruitful discussion!

Nikki

That is why it is in Miscellaneous. I thought I would see what fellow service members thoughts are...

NOTE: If you don't want to read this topic, hit the back arrow.

P.s.
If there is a problem with being off topic, go jump on the "football kickoff" topic then..

The Wiz

Mosley even said after the fight he won some fights he lost, I think De la hoya got screwed and thats the problem with boxing right now. Mosley landed harder shots on de la hoya than de la hoya did to him.It seems to me that Mosley gave de la hoya physical beating and didnt take much punishment himself. This is how espn scored the fight http://msn.espn.go.com/boxing/news/2003/0913/1615442.html

Alot of people who scored the fight had De la hoya winning. but oh well

Nikki

Thanks wiz, that was a good summary of the fight. So according to espn, De la hoys scored 9 out of 12 rounds...hmmmm suspicious..

jaerose

Hmmm...you know, Paul, I bet you saw the title of this thread, which is a huge tip off that it's not about aviation. That being the case, no one held you at your computer and made you click on the link...so don't give people a hard time about posting miscellaneous items in the miscellaneous thread. Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this is what this area of the site is here for...

JR =)

BTW, how can you possibly say De Layoha 'lost' when he took home 3 times as much cash...$17-million!

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Was this fight broadcast on TV? I looked everywhere for this fight, and found it nowhere...not even in the TV Guide! I watched the Friday Night Fights, and they were talking about this De La Hoya/Mosley re-match, and it got me fired up!! Anyways, I read in the newspaper that De La Hoya is going to challenge the verdict of the fight. He has some "good" lawyers to put on this I guess. It'll be interesting what the outcome is, but more than likely Mosley will stay on top. To me, Mosley still is a better fighter.

D

P.S. About a year ago, the Sugar Shane Mosley vs. Vernon Forrest fight came here to Indy. Talk about a great fight! This is the only fight that I have seen live in Indy. I wish they brought more to this city!

Nikki

Yeah it was on PPV. $50 to watch one of my fav. boxers get shisted...grr. I was all hyped up thinking this would help out his career too. Yeah, something fishy happened that night. I don't think the investigation will give oscar the title, but could help him keep face...

Nikki

I am afraid if I ever go pro, I will be ripped off like that.. Geeez, one must get a knock out for a fair judgement anymore..

submariner8

I didn't get to see the fight myself, and was sad to see that Oscar lost. It did look by the post fight pictures I saw that he took more of a beating, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean he was out-boxed.

Boxing often has these types of decisions that don't make much sense. Anyone remember Roy Jones getting ripped out of the gold in the Olympics when he totally destroyed his opponent? I guess the point is that while it could be that the result was bought, which I believe happened in the Olympics, it could also be that the judges are just human and have their opinion of how they believe the fight is going. The Mosley fans probably think the victory was deserved and he really did outbox Oscar.

I really think they need to overhaul the way boxing decisions are made in the cases of curuption. Maybe they could have a pool of judges who all watch the fight and submit their scorecards, then they could just pick a few cards at random after the fight to use to make the decision. That way the judges don't even know themselves if their score will count or not.

paullatina

My appologies. I simply refreshed all unread topics and didnt take the time to notice it was the "Misc" section. My error.

Status
Not open for further replies.