• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dd 368

Status
Not open for further replies.

budman

I have a question, and hoping someone may have an answer for me. I am enlisted in another service on active duty, looking to apply for Navy OCS. I was told that I would need a DD 368. I was told that I can use this form to get a release, but have also been told that I can't use this form, as it is only for Reservists.

Can anyone give an idea as to how to apply form another service, or if it can even be done.

Thanks.

usaf

DD 368 Help

Budman,

the DD Form 368 is the conditional release from service. Reservists use this for the most part because there aren't too many active folks who get this release or ask for it. I am also using this for the U.S. Navy. I am active duty Air Force and, if you are also, you'll have to use the AF Form 31 through the PETS program (AFI 36-3208) is the reference regulation/instruction. If you need the link, I can post it for you. If you are not Air Force, I wouldn't know other than the DD Form 368 must be used to process on the Navy Side. This just tells the Navy that your service approves and will conditionally release you the day prior to you going to training for the Navy. Good luck.

Rudy

Status
Not open for further replies.