• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCOIC Gouge for those about to commission as a DCO

Goodfou

I know in my unit you can not take any orders until you complete DCOIC. There are 14 seats available for the 04/07 class and 31 available for the 04/21 class.

That isn’t your command policy, it is USNR policy. It was implemented because too many DCOs were going years without completing DCOIC. However, CNRFC N7 can and has authorized waivers to execute ADT schools orders prior to completion of DCOIC. I did it. I worked with the N7 DCO officer coordinator at CNRFC to grease the skids. Long story shorter, I completed my designator training (8 week AMO school) from October to December and went to DCOIC in January. Bottom line: there are waivers for almost everything in the Navy, but you have to know how to work the system and who to talk to.

On another note, DCOIC is just two weeks. Suck it up and get it done, even if it is a little cold-it makes for better stories.

-Cheers

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
DCOIC was great. I took it seriously, worked as a team, and enjoyed every minute. It's easy if you have the right attitude and always work as a team to do what you're expected to do. Here's the nuance: The senior chiefs and class officer set expectations, and it's up to you (especially DIVO and ADIVO) to live up to those expectations as a class. No one's really ordering you around. (An analogy for being an officer.)

Same here. You'll get what you put into it. It isn't boot camp and it definitely isn't OCS. You're told what time to be ready in the morning then it's up to you to determine what time to get up to be ready in time.

ABMD

Thought this would be helpful to post this here.

So this is a general breakdown of time spent at DCOIC:

PTing: 6%
Chow: 25%
Drill: 5%
Quarters: 4%
Classroom Training: 45%
Other: 15% (urinalysis, swim test, BCA, admin/paperwork, etc)

Classroom training consisted of topics such as: Naval Customs, Naval History, Wardroom and Service Etiquette, ORM, Counseling, etc.

ABMD

its exciting that a quarter of the time is eating! ha.
what is the weekend schedule/ what did people do?

3hrs a day, everyday! Don't forget to bring cash for chow. You will pay the Mess Treasurer upfront for your 2 weeks of meals (within the first day or 2).

Some people slept in on Saturday and Sunday, some people went to Boston to tour the Constitution, others just went to Newport for the day/night. Most cabs in the area can get on base and know how to get to King Hall. Newport is a great place to be in the Summer.

bryanteagle6

3hrs a day, everyday! Don't forget to bring cash for chow. You will pay the Mess Treasurer upfront for your 2 weeks of meals (within the first day or 2).

Some people slept in on Saturday and Sunday, some people went to Boston to tour the Constitution, others just went to Newport for the day/night. Most cabs in the area can get on base and know how to get to King Hall. Newport is a great place to be in the Summer.

What is the make up of uniform usage/wear roughly. Like uniform of the day, 3 days in PT gear, 4 days in NWU, 4 days in khakis, 1 day in SDB or whatever?!

maybe someone can weigh in who has gone in this FY?!

ABMD

What is the make up of uniform usage/wear roughly. Like uniform of the day, 3 days in PT gear, 4 days in NWU, 4 days in khakis, 1 day in SDB or whatever?!

If I remember, First week is in NWUs, Second week in Service Khaki's. PT only worn when doing PT (rarely worn to chow hall and never worn to class). You only wore SDBs for your SDB inspection (second week). The SDB inspection was "informal" meaning a classmate did the inspection and asked questions on the gouge. The Khaki inspection is what I'd call "formal" Chiefs did the inspection and asked questions.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影

We wore PT gear everyday for the first week until we had our Khaki inspection. The second week we wore Khakis and then had an SDB inspection.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Last edited by a moderator: