• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

PG84

Does anyone know if results are posted online somewhere? I have searched but have not been able to find anything. I reached out to my recruiter yesterday but have not heard back yet. The anticipation is killing me.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Does anyone know if results are posted online somewhere? I have searched but have not been able to find anything. I reached out to my recruiter yesterday but have not heard back yet. The anticipation is killing me.

Results are not posted online. Your OR will have them.

Donald.Martens

I received the call. No Go!
20 were selected.
The big thing that seemed to be common was the Contract certification . Congrats to everyone!

MarArmNav

I am on the "standby" list meaning I will get selected if anyone declines or is disqualified (#2 on the list, so I would need at least 2 to bow out). Does anyone have any idea how often the standby or waitlist selectees actually get commissioned?

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I am unfamiliar with this. Does anyone here have any clarification?

What he is referring to is a DAWIA certification (Level I, II, or III). It is not a requirement for DCO, and you can only get it if you work in Gov contracting. I wouldn't worry about contracting certifications, myself and several people I went to DCOIC and BQC with did not have a background in contracting and were still selected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Any further insight?

I’ve had three last year get selected, all three did not have the DAWAI (sp) certificate.

The boards were ideally looking for post grad education (business related) and work/military experience to include “significant” leadership and impact.

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Could be a plethora of different reasons...I have an MBA and wasn't selected. From what I've gathered here, I'm thinking it's my civilian experience.

Work experience is 120% necessary. Not just years experience, but it has to be directly relevant to the designator (or what they're looking for with regards to the designator). Motivational statement/interviews also make a big difference. Go volunteer in some org, whether it's an employee network or volunteer community service, etc. I like to spend a couple hours a week with my local Surfrider Foundation chapter when I'm free Saturday mornings, and they don't limit slots like Habitat for Humanity or the Food Bank do so it's great. It's really easy so if you have something like that in your city, take advantage of it.

For what it's worth, this chart I have from my local recruitment office for "Reserves DCO Competitive Profiles" lists "DoD Contracting experience a big plugs/DAWIA certs" as a positive factor. "Competitive" GPA is placed at 3.34.

I can only theorize here, but university name recognition never hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:

AU_Aviation

No go this time around for me. Already working on my package for next year.

Sounds like there 22 selects from over 200 applications.

Rudy.30

No go this time around for me. Already working on my package for next year.

Sounds like there 22 selects from over 200 applications.
Sorry to hear you did not get in this time. Looks like we have some time to improve our packets before the next board.

Philly24

Good Afternoon!

I reached out to my recruiter the other day regarding next steps in the Supply Corps DCO program after getting selected by the board and he said that he would check and get back with me (he's a relatively new recruiter for this program).

Does anyone who has previously been through the program have some insight regarding next steps and the timeline?

Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!