• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just wondering, does it matter to the Board if you’re female or male? In other words, are there gender quotas to be filled up in each position? Thanks. Sorry if this has been answered already

Recruiters will have diversity target goals in terms of applicants but that’s where it ends. The intent is more diverse applicants leading to more diversity selections by the board.

But being a diversity candidate doesn’t give you a plus up for selection.

I can’t wait for it to be June. I’ve been counting the days since I submitted my package. But even after June 10 they still have time to decide. Such a long wait. The process is definitely a test of patience for me

exNavyOffRec

Just saw a LinkedIn post saying there are 1,400 open DCO positions. Interesting, that number seems high; I’m curious where that number normally stands.

I somehow doubt that the DCO spots which are historically sit around 300 openings per year magically increased by a factor of 5, especially considering the USN publicly put out they need to add a total of 1700 reserve officers which would include those getting off AD and then affiliating with the reserves.

His post could be construed as misleading if he meant to talk about total affiliations and I am surprised that a public post like that where he is giving specifics don't need to be approved by NRC public affairs.

mc2010

I somehow doubt that the DCO spots which are historically sit around 300 openings per year magically increased by a factor of 5, especially considering the USN publicly put out they need to add a total of 1700 reserve officers which would include those getting off AD and then affiliating with the reserves.

His post could be construed as misleading if he meant to talk about total affiliations and I am surprised that a public post like that where he is giving specifics don't need to be approved by NRC public affairs.
I wonder how many DCO Supply slots? Is there a way to know what the actual quota is? My recruiter said 60 (which seems high), i also saw on this thread somewhere around 36, which is lower than last year which seems like that is going in the wrong direction from what i have heard in discussions surrounding lower manpower across the board...

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I wonder how many DCO Supply slots? Is there a way to know what the actual quota is? My recruiter said 60 (which seems high), i also saw on this thread somewhere around 36, which is lower than last year which seems like that is going in the wrong direction from what i have heard in discussions surrounding lower manpower across the board...

Board quotas are never discussed prior to the board.

exNavyOffRec

If you estimate the same as past boards you should be in the ballpark, things don't change that much year to year. What is probably the biggest variable are the number of those that apply. In reality the number of selections don't really matter when you think about it that way, what is better 36 or 60 selections? 36 out of 100 applicants would be better than 60 out of 300 applicants.