• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Supply Chances and Selections

Rudy.30

SELECTED. 40 out of 94 applicants. I am BEYOND exited about this everyone. 10 years later. I had to tell tears to get back in there. Wooooo!
Wow 40 is a lot. I will tell you there are more open billets than there are supply JO’s right now. They are trying to correct that with these big groups they have been selecting the past two years. I bet this trend continues for a bit.

exNavyOffRec

Wow 40 is a lot. I will tell you there are more open billets than there are supply JO’s right now. They are trying to correct that with these big groups they have been selecting the past two years. I bet this trend continues for a bit.
It looks like from the notes they were picking for both FY 22 and FY 23, the results sheet will probably show who is FY 22 and who is FY 23

RJS

During submission of my application, my colleague told me that they had planned to select close to 35% of the applicants and that the pool was a bit smaller. He did not tell me that there were more bullets open though.

Not that I’m trying to rush things but I’m curious to know what pipeline those billets are for. Been thinking about a change in field from Acquisition to Supply Chain instead but don’t want to reinvent the wheel. Would love to be able to go back in between the both of them.

RJS

It looks like from the notes they were picking for both FY 22 and FY 23, the results sheet will probably show who is FY 22 and who is FY23
@exNavyOffRec Is this something that I should ask my OR? Or does it matter? Not that it does for me. My organization allows me flexibility so I'm not too worried about it.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
During submission of my application, my colleague told me that they had planned to select close to 35% of the applicants and that the pool was a bit smaller. He did not tell me that there were more bullets open though.

Not that I’m trying to rush things but I’m curious to know what pipeline those billets are for. Been thinking about a change in field from Acquisition to Supply Chain instead but don’t want to reinvent the wheel. Would love to be able to go back in between the both of them.
I know the NCHBs are looking for O's right now. Hard work, but you will learn a ton.

Reactions: RJS

RJS

I know the NCHBs are looking for O's right now. Hard work, but you will learn a ton.
I've been doing my due diligence and reading through ton on MyNavyHR (playbooks, handbooks, GMT, etc.). I've already enrolled in a few of the course via Navy e-learning. I'm curious if courses completed, that are DoD specific, would suffice. Regardless, I am looking forward to this experience @ABMD. I did have to look up NCHBs and will connect with a few close friends in the community about their experience as well.

My OR just reached out to let me know that he is awaiting notification that I have been assigned to a unit. In the meantime, he is looking to start drafting a RRA letter for submission to Pers; initiating the oath and a goal to swear me in before the end of the fiscal year. I'm a bit doubtful but realize that things can happen rather quickly.

Lemwolf

Well I wasn't selected again, does anyone on here know what the board is looking for and how many packages I got to put in? My OR though I was a shoe in.

1. Ranked up to E-5
2. Nominated for Blue Jacket Saior
3. Excellent above PFA
4. Masters and Post Masters Degree
5. ASM coordinator, Embarkation/ Debarktation Petty Officer
6. Over 10+ years in Supply
7. EP EVALs
8. Funeral Honors Duty
9. 4 Certs in Supply
10. I'm in NCHB unit

Please let me know where to go from here, I'm clueless what to do, any help will be better than none.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Well I wasn't selected again, does anyone on here know what the board is looking for and how many packages I got to put in? My OR though I was a shoe in.

1. Ranked up to E-5
2. Nominated for Blue Jacket Saior
3. Excellent above PFA
4. Masters and Post Masters Degree
5. ASM coordinator, Embarkation/ Debarktation Petty Officer
6. Over 10+ years in Supply
7. EP EVALs
8. Funeral Honors Duty
9. 4 Certs in Supply
10. I'm in NCHB unit

Please let me know where to go from here, I'm clueless what to do, any help will be better than none.

Interviews can make or break you, maybe you didn’t do so hot on there.

Also, work experience may not fully align or compare with that supply corps is looking for. I cannot tell you how many applicants claimed to have the right experience only for that experience to be significantly “padded” up.

Lemwolf

Okay,
Thanks I interview well but you maybe right on the experience, I'm an Engneering Project Manager in the civilian world, maybe it's my degrees? Without knowing what is being looked at I could be possibly just be putting packages together and missing something. Have you served on a board before??

TheClyde

Okay,
Thanks I interview well but you maybe right on the experience, I'm an Engneering Project Manager in the civilian world, maybe it's my degrees? Without knowing what is being looked at I could be possibly just be putting packages together and missing something. Have you served on a board before??
What scores and comments did you get on the interview sheet?

Also, since your credentials look strong, what about your motivational statement? Have you had a peer review it and give you feedback?