• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO process/DD-368 issue

BAMUSMC

All, I am currently in the process for Navy Supply DCO, but I am in the middle of a big hiccup. I am currently an enlisted member in the Marine Corps Reserves and I am having trouble getting my current unit to sign off on my DD-368 (Conditional Release). My current recruiter is stating that I cannot continue the process until my unit signs the DD-368. I pushed my DD-368 up my chain of command a few times and also submitted it using EPAR. It has not passed my current CO and he is stating that is awaiting word from our I&I staff on how to proceed. This has been going on for 3 months. I am also not a new member within the Reserve Unit, I am going on my 3rd year and have also been in service for 11 years.

I am hoping some members have possibly had this issue and how it was resolved, I contacted my PERs department and they stated that I needed to submit the DD-368 with a letter, it needed to be signed off on by my CO and then pushed to the battalion level. The battalion would then push it to the highest level needed at MARFORRES. They could not provide any details on how to get my unit to process it though.

Thanks in advance!

jason0231

1835 USNR/IRR
Hello BAMUSMC,

I was an Army Reserve SSG (E6) when I commissioned so it was pretty straightforward. Drill down through this reference and see what applies to your situation best, I will do the same. I have some active USMC contacts and a bunch of Navy folks who might be able to assist as well, but let's take a few minutes to review the ref and see where that leaves us.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-n...an/1000/1900Separation/Documents/1910-102.pdf

You can also PM me if that works better for you, either way.

I would defer to any real SMEs out there on this one, just trying to help out the best I can.

J

BAMUSMC

Are you getting a physical at MEPS?
Yes, I am being told I need to get a physical done at MEPS and that is the main issue. I am hearing that MEPS will not allow it until the package for commission is completed with the DD-368. I reached out to MCIRSA yesterday for guidance both through email and phone. I will see what they have to say and keep everyone in the loop, it appears doing a search on the forums that everyone has had issues with obtaining the DD-368.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Yes, I am being told I need to get a physical done at MEPS and that is the main issue. I am hearing that MEPS will not allow it until the package for commission is completed with the DD-368. I reached out to MCIRSA yesterday for guidance both through email and phone. I will see what they have to say and keep everyone in the loop, it appears doing a search on the forums that everyone has had issues with obtaining the DD-368.

Because you're a reservist I would ask medical Dept in your reserve command if they can get you hooked up with a commissioning physical. That's my suggestion.

CyberWar

Two simple words, request mast. This is exactly what it is meant for, and merely the mention of it will probably get the ball rolling. If not you also can contact HQ USMC directly, they are the ones ultimately who process your DD-368, not MFR.

S/F

All, I am currently in the process for Navy Supply DCO, but I am in the middle of a big hiccup. I am currently an enlisted member in the Marine Corps Reserves and I am having trouble getting my current unit to sign off on my DD-368 (Conditional Release). My current recruiter is stating that I cannot continue the process until my unit signs the DD-368. I pushed my DD-368 up my chain of command a few times and also submitted it using EPAR. It has not passed my current CO and he is stating that is awaiting word from our I&I staff on how to proceed. This has been going on for 3 months. I am also not a new member within the Reserve Unit, I am going on my 3rd year and have also been in service for 11 years.

I am hoping some members have possibly had this issue and how it was resolved, I contacted my PERs department and they stated that I needed to submit the DD-368 with a letter, it needed to be signed off on by my CO and then pushed to the battalion level. The battalion would then push it to the highest level needed at MARFORRES. They could not provide any details on how to get my unit to process it though.

Thanks in advance!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Two simple words, request mast. This is exactly what it is meant for, and merely the mention of it will probably get the ball rolling. If not you also can contact HQ USMC directly, they are the ones ultimately who process your DD-368, not MFR.

S/F

That doesn't sound like an ethical way for pursuing a command to approve a conditional release...

I also told him the are other avenues outside of MEPS to get a physical.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
@BAMUSMC From your profile it says your in PA. I would ask your OR if he/she can get you a physical at Bethesda, that is what I did. It took me took 4 trips to get everything done, but I was able use the Navy docs and avoided MEPS. Just another option.