• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Intel Community Gouge (Bonus: "The Long Blue Wait" in FY09)

unbroken

Naval officer
Good gouge. Is there anything in particular which is not listed here that you think deserves to be included on someone's IWC DIRCOM checklist?

Honestly there really is not much you can do until you are gained by your NOSC. Stay on top of your paperwork, but let the process run its course. Respect the chain of command. Once you have orders to a unit, you can get your CAC, which is basically like having a driver's license in that you essentially shouldn't/can't go anywhere without it. You will need this for virtually everything. If you have a good recruiter, they will be working to transfer your info. Even so, there's a lot you can't do/fill out until your NOSC's INDOC weekend.

Your passports to everything are your CAC and Navy.mil account. You can't get either until you are formally gained by a NOSC and unit, as they have to sign off on the paperwork for this.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Good gouge. Is there anything in particular which is not listed here that you think deserves to be included on someone's IWC DIRCOM checklist?

I wrote this giant wall of text (GWoT:D), and then deleted it.

This sums it up...
IWC folks need to consciously track
1. Getting that DCOIC slot as soon as possible
2. Making a TRUIC change to an operational unit, to drill with other IWC folks
2. Getting IWBC + (CWOBC/NIOBC/<IP_School>/<OCEANO_School>) knocked out
3. Getting some ADT funding to work on PQS (There's special one-time money reserved for this purpose on an availability basis)

RovingGent

So I'm new to the OCS process, but it appears from these forums that I wouldn't be competitive for active duty intel. I don't suppose reserve intel is any less competitive, is it?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
So I'm new to the OCS process, but it appears from these forums that I wouldn't be competitive for active duty intel. I don't suppose reserve intel is any less competitive, is it?
Have you contacted an Officer Recruiter? If not, let them tell you "no".

Usually, your question comes with stats included... ;)

RovingGent

I went in an took the OAR today. 58 on that, 3.1 GPA from a state school, but I'm also 27 and my resume since graduation isn't all that impressive. NRC is apparently full up on intel for the year anyway though. But I'm actually looking at NFO now my OR said I'm pretty competitive for that.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

The member mentioned taking the OAR, meaning he's interested in the active duty Intel side.

To answer your question, unless he has a master's degree (preferred) and at least 4-5 years of Intelligence experience the answer is already NO.

unbroken

Naval officer
The member mentioned taking the OAR, meaning he's interested in the active duty Intel side.

To answer your question, unless he has a master's degree (preferred) and at least 4-5 years of Intelligence experience the answer is already NO.

Respectfully, I was selected without either of these. Several people in my unit who commissioned through DCOIC did not have prior intel experience.

dkaw

@RUFiO181 - what do you think the prototype for 1835 Reserve Intel DCO selection looks like for the Jan 2018 board? Also, do you have any idea of how many they will select? I did not get selected for supply, but I am a senior enlisted drilling reservist with an AD SOF unit in a HD/LD intel MOS and think my package looks A LOT better for 1835 than it did for supply corps. Age is a factor (may be too old for their liking).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
@RUFiO181 - what do you think the prototype for 1835 Reserve Intel DCO selection looks like for the Jan 2018 board? Also, do you have any idea of how many they will select? I did not get selected for supply, but I am a senior enlisted drilling reservist with an AD SOF unit in a HD/LD intel MOS and think my package looks A LOT better for 1835 than it did for supply corps. Age is a factor (may be too old for their liking).

Do you have intelligence-related experience, not simply working in an Intelligence command? Do you have a master's degree? If you answer no to either your chances are very slim.

devilbones

Arashikage トーマス・嵐影
My OIC interview was with a board member from last year. She stated that there are about 50 1835 slots. My mentor stated there would be 80 slots for 1835 so you can take that FWIW.