• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO application

Hello am a prior enlisted member applying for 1825 and wanted to know what my chances are.

I have
BS electrical Engineering GPA 2.6
MS Cybersecurity GPA 3.85
AOR 59

Please what are my chances. I only have 3 months working experience as a cybersecurity analyst.

Thank you

Go_Snipes

Hey John,
I'm also prior service, BS in Systems Security and Networking, graduate cert in Information Systems Security, CCNA R&S, and three year working as In IT support/Jr sysadmin. We have same chances of making it. You'd better chances going OCS with a score of 59. I were you, I would've gone OCS.

Hey John,
I'm also prior service, BS in Systems Security and Networking, graduate cert in Information Systems Security, CCNA R&S, and three year working as In IT support/Jr sysadmin. We have same chances of making it. You'd better chances going OCS with a score of 59. I were you, I would've gone OCS.
I am currently pursuing a PhD in information Systems and i feel like being in the reserve will be my best option.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
The OAR is not necessary for DCO. You can apply for both OCS and DCO, if you don’t care whether you are active or reserve. They are different applications, though.

As for your chances, you’ll have to give the forum a lot more background info on you, your resume, etc. to get s fuller picture.

Lastly, your chances are zero if you don’t apply.

The OAR is not necessary for DCO. You can apply for both OCS and DCO, if you don’t care whether you are active or reserve. They are different applications, though.

As for your chances, you’ll have to give the forum a lot more background info on you, your resume, etc. to get s fuller picture.

Lastly, your chances are zero if you don’t apply.
I don't have enough experience in tech. My only background is the education. I am working on certifications, might get one before the deadline. For the AOR, my officer recruiter said it is required.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Again, OAR is only required if you are going active duty for OCS designator 1820.

If you are going reserve for a direct commission to designator 1825, no OAR is included in the packet.

Figure out what you want and let your recruiter know. If you get selected for OCS and turn it down, thinking you wanted to be a reservist, you may have to justify that to the IWC DCO selection board.

How old are you? What is your family picture? What is your resume? Are you cemented into one location for some reason? These things will affect the advice you get on this forum.

Again, OAR is only required if you are going active duty for OCS designator 1820.

If you are going reserve for a direct commission to designator 1825, no OAR is included in the packet.

Figure out what you want and let your recruiter know. If you get selected for OCS and turn it down, thinking you wanted to be a reservist, you may have to justify that to the IWC DCO selection board.

How old are you? What is your family picture? What is your resume? Are you cemented into one location for some reason? These things will affect the advice you get on this forum.
It might have been a misunderstanding at the beginning when he asked me to take it. All our communication are clear on DCO. I the reason why i'am applying for DCO is that i am pursuing a PhD. I won't be able to complete it while on active duty. I am 35 now. I spent 5 years on active duty and 5 years as a reservist. I am an E-6 now. As a reservist, i was a Math supplement instructor for 2 years, an internship with the Defense Information Systems Agency for 3 month, a year and half as a power plant operator and 2 years on active canrec orders.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Roger. If reserve is what you want, here is your Program Authorization of what’s required:

You might as well apply now for 1825. Worst case scenario, you get told no, and you reapply again in a year with an added year of cyber experience. With your prior service, you can commission well into your 40s with no age waiver. TIS may become a factor (negatively) if you keep re-enlisting, though.

Good luck!

Roger. If reserve is what you want, here is your Program Authorization of what’s required:

You might as well apply now for 1825. Worst case scenario, you get told no, and you reapply again in a year with an added year of cyber experience. With your prior service, you can commission well into your 40s with no age waiver. TIS may become a factor (negatively) if you keep re-enlisting, though.

Good luck!
Thank you very much.