• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

DCO Application Process Overview .doc

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I agree with @bubblehead make them show you in writing what you need/don't need.

With that said, I didn't need it for SUPPLY when I went through the DCO pipeline. That's not to say the PA hasn't changed since then.

link6

My recruiter mentioned that I can list a backup designator on my DCO application. I've been told that I'm a viable candidate for a pair of designators, so this is appealing at face value.

Can listing a backup potentially work against me by suggesting a lack of commitment to a specific program, or is it a standard and encouraged practice? (And am I mistaken in my understanding of a second designator as a "backup" designator?)

Thanks for any advice ?

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter mentioned that I can list a backup designator on my DCO application. I've been told that I'm a viable candidate for a pair of designators, so this is appealing at face value.

Can listing a backup potentially work against me by suggesting a lack of commitment to a specific program, or is it a standard and encouraged practice? (And am I mistaken in my understanding of a second designator as a "backup" designator?)

Thanks for any advice ?

Eh, I am thinking the PM @Hair Warrior is sending you is going to talk about this.

KCRUZ1

I agree with @bubblehead make them show you in writing what you need/don't need.

With that said, I didn't need it for SUPPLY when I went through the DCO pipeline. That's not to say the PA hasn't changed since then.
Hello @ABMD . Are you still a SUPPO? I am prior service, served AD from 2013-2021. Honorable discharge as a Sgt. Main reason for leaving the military was to take physical/mental break from military lifestyle. It was around when COVID started, that my workload increased exponentially and I was physically and mentally exhausted almost everyday from work.

Since my discharge, I've been doing online classes at Arizona State University (ASU Sun Devils) and I am projected to graduate by Fall 2023. My major is BA History.

I wanted to reach out to you and I was hoping if you could be my mentor for the DCO process. Being Supply in the Marines, I'm eager to apply for the SUPPO designator in the Navy Reserves.

I understand that I can't apply without a bachelor's degree but I want to get a headstart and start prepping my officer package. I can use advice, tips, suggestions, words of wisdom from a fellow service member.

Please feel free to reach out to me via this forum. Hope to hear from you soon!

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Hello @ABMD . Are you still a SUPPO? I am prior service, served AD from 2013-2021. Honorable discharge as a Sgt. Main reason for leaving the military was to take physical/mental break from military lifestyle. It was around when COVID started, that my workload increased exponentially and I was physically and mentally exhausted almost everyday from work.

Since my discharge, I've been doing online classes at Arizona State University (ASU Sun Devils) and I am projected to graduate by Fall 2023. My major is BA History.

I wanted to reach out to you and I was hoping if you could be my mentor for the DCO process. Being Supply in the Marines, I'm eager to apply for the SUPPO designator in the Navy Reserves.

I understand that I can't apply without a bachelor's degree but I want to get a headstart and start prepping my officer package. I can use advice, tips, suggestions, words of wisdom from a fellow service member.

Please feel free to reach out to me via this forum. Hope to hear from you soon!
Hey @KCRUZ1 feel free to DM me. I will say, every person who applies for Supply exceeds the minimum qualifications, i.e., they have their bachelors AND master’s degree plus years of leadership experience either within the military or in their civilian job. That’s not to say a candidate without that on their resume wont get selected, but that is the level of competition for Supply.

vickey0070

Waiting Like the Rest

Greetings All,

I am waiting on my final selection letter. I was picked up from the July 09 Supply Corps Board. I know of an Ensign who was picked up from the same board and he was commissioned in October. So I will say that although it's a lengthy process, I believe it defends on you and your recruiter on how quickly you get through the process for the most part.

I had to resolve some medical issues before I could get PQ'd. I am now PQ'd, billet information was submitted last week, so I'm in the waiting period right now. So we shall see.
I understand that this is a very old post. I wish I would have read it sooner. How is the Navy and did you get selected for the position you have applied. Happy Bday to USNAVY!!

jwaterman86

Reference or it did not happen. Ask your recruiter for the reference (title, page, section, etc.) that states you do not need an OAR for Reserve DCO. Could be from COMNAVCRUITCOMINST or similar. Always ask for a reference. If they are not willing to provide, escalate.

All updated Program Authorizations (PA) for 2019 have OAR requirements and do not have language precluding Reserve from the OAR.

That's why I recommend you getting a reference.
Trapt,

I just sent my recruiter an email regarding the OAR reference. Who, if needed, would I escalate this too?