• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Day in the life of a Coastie pilot

Satyr

DCA application process

I am a current UCMC helo pilot with approximately 14 months left on contract. How long does the application process take / how far from end of current contract are you allowd to beging the DCA application process.

starr00man

Jayhawk options

A couple of questions for the coastie pilots...
Will HH-60 pilots still be required to do a tour in Alsaka once HITRON is dissolved?
Does the OCONUS tour length for pilots differ if you are married or single?

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
It is all about timing...though not a helo pilot, my community also is often given the opportunity to serve in Kodiak. I think it involves timing, as I have seen no 60 pilots go to Alaska from my previous unit...that is a rarity however. With two 60 units up there (Sitka and Kodiak), the chances of doing a tour up there are good.

Usually not your first tour, however.

Also, for married folks it is 3 years, for unmarried it is 2 years.

Hope this helps.

USCGaviator

pilot
Will HH-60 pilots still be required to do a tour in Alsaka once HITRON is dissolved?

star00man,

I think someone is giving you some bad gouge. Hitron is not being "dissolved." Also, I'm a little confused about your HH-60 question. Hitron flies the MH-68 (Agusta A109E).

HH-60's are located at 7 Coast Guard Air Stations. Since Alaska represents almost 30% of available choices, it is safe to assume that an HH-60 pilot will be stationed in Alaska sometime over the course of their career. Here is a list of the HH-60 Air Stations.

• CGAS Cape Cod, MA
  • CGAS Clearwater, FL
  • CGAS Elizabeth City, NC
  • CGAS Astoria, OR
  • CGAS Kodiak, AK
  • CGAS Sitka, AK
  • Aviation Training Center Mobile, AL

sardaddy

pilot
"Also, I'm a little confused about your HH-60 question. Hitron flies the MH-68 (Agusta A109E)."

I think he meant going to HITRON and flying the Agusta vs going to Sitka for the overseas tour check in the block.

Starrman, you can expect to see Alaska as a 60 pilot but realize that those tours are highly sought after in that community so you may never see it. It all depends on what is needed at the time.

Good luck