• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Date of Next Board/OCC for Air Contracts (2013/2014)

FROG14

Naval Aviator
Now that June 2014 has passed, anybody know when the next AD air contracts board will be??? I applied to the July 2014 Navy board, but it was a pretty tough board and didn't make the cut. I'm planning on retaking the ASTB and reapplying to the USN, but also looking at applying to the USMC.

FROG14

Naval Aviator
Now that June 2014 has passed, anybody know when the next AD air contracts board will be??? I applied to the July 2014 Navy board, but it was a pretty tough board and didn't make the cut. I'm planning on retaking the ASTB and reapplying to the USN, but also looking at applying to the USMC.

tribeaviation

OCC-217 Board meets next week for active duty air and ground. OCC-218 (winter class) meets in November I believe. I have no info on PLC boards other than they just doubled the number of slots available so now is a good time to be a college student hoping to fly in the Marine Corps. If you want to make the 218 board you need to get in touch with an OSO ASAP as time is running out. On the bright side they'll probably tell you that you don't need to retake the ASTB, and the latest gouge is that OCC is getting less competitive, but you'll still want a 280+ PFT.

NW IA

OCC-217 Board meets next week for active duty air and ground. OCC-218 (winter class) meets in November I believe. I have no info on PLC boards other than they just doubled the number of slots available so now is a good time to be a college student hoping to fly in the Marine Corps. If you want to make the 218 board you need to get in touch with an OSO ASAP as time is running out. On the bright side they'll probably tell you that you don't need to retake the ASTB, and the latest gouge is that OCC is getting less competitive, but you'll still want a 280+ PFT.

Where on earth did you hear that OCC is getting less competitive? I've got my application in for 217 as well, but I didn't hear anything about OCC becoming less competitive.

tribeaviation

I heard it straight from my OSO. Getting less competitive doesn't mean it isn't still highly competitive, it's just going from super insanely competitive back to very highly competitive. We'll see what the stats are for the 217 board but for 215, the last board with male active duty air, the average PFT was 288, GPA 3.2, ASTB 7/7/7, and SAT 1210.

NW IA

I heard it straight from my OSO. Getting less competitive doesn't mean it isn't still highly competitive, it's just going from super insanely competitive back to very highly competitive. We'll see what the stats are for the 217 board but for 215, the last board with male active duty air, the average PFT was 288, GPA 3.2, ASTB 7/7/7, and SAT 1210.

Ok, I misinterpreted how you said it. I heard the same stats from my OSO, too. I'm getting pretty anxious to hear the result from my OSO. You expecting to hear back around the end of this month?

tribeaviation

I've heard that it could take up to two weeks from now to hear back, but I've also heard that it could be a lot sooner than that based on when people on earlier boards were notified. I suspect it all depends on the OSO and how long the board takes. I'm right in the same boat with you though, can't wait to hear something. Best of luck to you, I'll probably post here when I get the call.

Skinsuit

pilot
For what it's worth, our district CO also briefed us that OCC selections were getting (relatively) less competitive, but he emphasized that anyone who was asked to contracted was already at that competitive level. We were also told to expect to hear something roughly one week after the end of boards, and that we could track when the MARADMIN for the MECEP selections was released and use that as a signal that we'd be getting a call.

LFDtoUSMC

pilot
Contributor
Congratulations gents! The only advice I will give out is to not buy/bring a bunch of shit down with you. You will get most everything you need to successfully complete OCS at the large/small bag issue. I read all the gouge from years past, went to walmart and bought a bunch of shit, only to have to buy it again there. The only things I found it nice to have extra of were small ziplock bags, pens and mechanical pencils, and a small rite-in-the rain. There were a few other things, but you will figure out what those are along the way. You can definitely get through to the first libo and then get whatever you need at the MCX. One last thing. Cash. Somewhere I had seen to bring $100 or so in small bills, $5's & $1's. DO THIS. It makes paying for your weekly haircuts much easier. I just kept a bank envelope with all the cash in the back of my wall locker on the top shelf.

Now, go PT celebrate! But seriously, be a PT stud, your life will be much easier.