• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dam Neck NIOBC/ AD School

SGT2ENS

All,

I am considering attending the AD School at Dam Neck VA (NMITC) in lieu of the 18 month weekend school house. Has anyone done this or have any gouge on what an average day is like? Also, for us old guys...what is the physical training like?

Thanks and stay safe, Shipmates!

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
It's a good program. It can be frustrating at parts but will be more useful than the 18 month course. Normal day starts at 8 and finish up around 3-4. Some days will be longer and some will be shorter. The graduation rate is about 99%, if that gives you an idea. They focus a lot on briefing and intel writing. You will become an expert at killing the enemy via PowerPoint. If you do go make sure you have some money saved up as they suck at making sure reservists get paid. They know it and well, I won't comment. As for the physical training, don't worry about it. (I'm a reservist who just finished up last week, and don't use the word shipmate, shipmate.)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's a good program. It can be frustrating at parts but will be more useful than the 18 month course. Normal day starts at 8 and finish up around 3-4. Some days will be longer and some will be shorter. The graduation rate is about 99%, if that gives you an idea. They focus a lot on briefing and intel writing. You will become an expert at killing the enemy via PowerPoint. If you do go make sure you have some money saved up as they suck at making sure reservists get paid. They know it and well, I won't comment. As for the physical training, don't worry about it. (I'm a reservist who just finished up last week, and don't use the word shipmate, shipmate.)

Who the fuck fails NIOBC?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why

and don't use the word shipmate, shipmate.)

I use that 'term of endearment' all the time! Have I missed the latest Sailor Tradition to be ruthlessly flushed down the shitter by the PC mafia? :censored_
BzB :banghead_:banghead_

Devil Duck

Depends on what you overall objective is. I recently completed the RES course, and it wasn't awful. The two week AT at FITC was great. Knocking out the AD course is great if your goal is to mobilize quickly in support of the AF-PAK mission.

dephyler

Contributor
I didn't do it, but this route is increasing in popularity. In terms of course work, there's not going to be a difference. You can PM me for details and gouge on the RES schoolhouse you'd attend. Same as mine. Me knowing details about your potential schoolhouse, I'd personally say stay the RES NIOBC route.

The thing about going to the AD school is that you're MOB ready faster, but it's a hurry up and wait game. It's not easy to MOB as an ENS or JG.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I use that 'term of endearment' all the time! Have I missed the latest Sailor Tradition to be ruthlessly flushed down the shitter by the PC mafia? :censored_
BzB :banghead_:banghead_
"Shipmate:" The only 8-letter four-letter word . . .

Devil Duck

RES curriculum did recently change to 18 months. Don't think this is bad unless you're trying to get on orders.

I was able to get orders as an enswine. It's a LT billet, that's just how I roll. Or, it could be that no one else volunteered.