• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cyclist

Status
Not open for further replies.

TANGO 1

Contributor
ENSsquid said:
Ok, gotta shut out some rumors.

Read: http://www.mwr.navy.mil/mwrprgms/sports.htm (scroll down)
http://www.mwr.navy.mil/mwrprgms/runteam.htm

1) You have to meet certain guidelines (certain times for certain distance races)
1a) 2:30:00 for olympic distance triathlon, 19:00 for 5k, 39:00 for 10k, etc.
2)You have to apply
2a) they only accept 10 men for triatlhon in your area
2b) there are a ton of geographical areas in which you can compete
3) If accepted, you race X races in your area.
3a) You go TAD to do these races.
4) You get in free, etc, etc. Free clothing/gear. (new balance shoes)

Thanks for clearing things on the Navy side. There was somebody that needed info on how things are done, but said he/she could not find the information.

TANGO 1

Contributor
DairyCreamer said:
What on earth does this thread have to do with the Marine Corps PFT? I'd say this discussion belongs in the Misc. discussion. Talking about how much you love cycling is fine and all, just not here.

Keep it topical TANGO.

~Nate

Evidently, you seemt to have a problem with me talking about my love for cycling. It is a damn forum for christ sake. Whatelse do you want us to talk about, and it is not like TANGO 1 is the only one talking about his love for cycling.
Yeah, i posted it under a wrong heading, sorry, but who cares. If it really bothers you then delete the whole thing. You are a moderator, you have the power. Why make life a more difficult than it is?

leatherneck82

Manassas IFS
Aye! Motion seconded. Show of hands please. Motion passes unanimously. DairyCreamer must butt out of this thread. Besides this topic does have to do with getting in shape.

DairyCreamer

Excuse me? I've read the thread, this is banter about cycling competetions, and not exactly related to the Marine Corps PFT test.

Please don't tell moderators to butt out of conversations, we're here to keep things topical.

~Nate

TANGO 1

Contributor
DairyCreamer said:
Excuse me? I've read the thread, this is banter about cycling competetions, and not exactly related to the Marine Corps PFT test.

Please don't tell moderators to butt out of conversations, we're here to keep things topical.

~Nate

When you refer to the PFT( Physical fitness test) you do not have to put another test at the end.

Can you move it from the Marine Corps PFT to Misc. so that we can save you from having to repeat yourself, because i think some of us would really like to talk about cycling and if this offends you, we would like not too.

Also it is MARINE CORPS not MARINE CORP, just thought i point that out.

leatherneck82

Manassas IFS
Well I know that my OSO and several other Marines have advised me to cycle and swim in preparation for OCS and to help with my PFT. So maybe were doing a great service here to people who are interested in supplementing thier workout with other things besides basic PFT stuff. Also considering the topic of this thread is Cyclist I'd say we were doing a pretty good job of keeping it topical. But this is my own humble opinion your great moderatorship so please disregard it.

Speaking of getting back onto topic...My bike is in the shop getting new everything. It's just an old road bike that I'm using to train on so I'm refitting it on the cheap (so no Shimano shifters :( ) I'm wanting to get a used San Marco saddle or something pretty decent. What is a good saddle for long distance? Do any of you guys go for the seats with the groove or hole to spare your prostate the pounding? Also anybody done any long distance road trips or thinking about it? When my dad was around my age he and another guy took off from Indiana to California. I always wanted to do something like that.

Hey look I'm a Moderator too. Booya!

Status
Not open for further replies.