• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CVN coming to a neighborhood near you

MasterBates

Mayport has the space, the base has decent infrastructure (save the nuke-specific facilities) and there is now proper evac routes now that Wonderwood is done.

Plus, I want property values to level off/go up so my freaking house will sell.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Not if you're Senator Bill Nelson and Representative Ander Crenshaw. Hell, even Corrine Brown wants a carrier for Mayport.

The local economy around Mayport is a shambles since JFK left. Nothing is set in stone, but it'd be great if a CVN ends up in Mayport.

But until one actually pulls in and ties up, well 11 carrier-navy and all....but that's another thread.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
crap.. I guess I'll have to change my signature in my avatar in a couple of years... :(

onedge

pilot
threadjack/ Seems like you could build a few more F-16s or F-15s for the same price as an F-22... I reckon./threadjack

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Yeah, if you're only buying 183 Raptors, they're gonna cost ya. According to the way CNN factors in the already-spent R&D money, that is.

onedge

pilot
The Jacksonville area will welcome the carrier with open arms. I lived there a Long time and have never heard oposition toward naval presence. It's about time they move a flat top down that way.

trvsmrtn

pilot
Any opposition isn't coming from Jax, it's the people here in Virginia who are vowing not to lose one of their carriers. It really kills me too, because every time I turn the radio or TV on these state officials are complaining about how the Navy is deserting them by taking an aircraft carrier from the area and how much it will hurt the local economy. I think they're already counting the money from the Reagan before it's even commissioned.

2sr2worry

Naval Aviation=world's greatest team sport
I think they're already counting the money from the Reagan before it's even commissioned.

???????????????

I think you mean the USS George H.W. Bush.

Reagan just got back from a six-month deployment...seems like it's already in commission.

onedge

pilot
I haven't spent much time in the Norfolk area but I got the impression that the locals wanted the Navy gone.