• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

CV KITTY HAWK in nasty storm video

Lonestar155

is good to go
I'm seconds away from running out of the house so can't do search func. There was a post some X amount of time ago, wondering if anyone had any cool pics of a carrier in a storm. Well here's a good video.. Feel free to move to other thread.

ghost

working, working, working ...
pilot
Who parked the helo backwards on the bow? That is going to create a corrosion issues for years.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Its not completely uncommon to land like that out here. I've seen it happen a few times and had to land "Down the Throat" once myself. The Kitty likes to hit some shitty weather and on occasion that is the only way they can get winds in limits to land. What isn't on the video is their approach. The helo actually almost got hit by a wave on short final to land. This one ranks right up there with our cruise off the coast of Australia 2 years ago.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The next day they will literally count how many life rafts they lost (ripped off the side by the waves) and report the number to the Coast Guard.

helo_wifey

This is just a still shot from that same storm that was forwarded.

Attachments

• Copy (2) of IMGP1554.JPG
    Copy (2) of IMGP1554.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 159

Lawman

None
So after all was said and done with the storm, did they stop the Japanese attack this time?

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Gotta love the part of the video where you can see the ship shudder after going into the wave.

At least we did'nt play Airplane/Submarine on the MSC.... the FFG we were with was'nt so fortunate.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What do they do with most of the carrier air wings? I know they can't store all 65+ in the hanger bay.

They might not have had the full Airwing on board, or it's possible they already did a fly-off.