• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current Wait

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I know this topic gets beaten to death sometimes, but I am just trying to get a ball park (emphasis on BALL PARK) idea of how long its taking folks to class up for IFS. I commission in December, and Im trying to figure out if its worth it to stash at my ROTC unit in New Mexico or stash back home at UT. If people are waiting 6 weeks or more it would be worth it to go back home.

Any gouge out there?

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
When I left, the wait was more than 2 months for API, but they were throwing people into IFS as soon as they reported...

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You may also not get an immediate report date to Pcola even if you request it, regardless of the current wait time for IFS. I and the three other people in my class who commissioned in May requested to report ASAP and only one did. The other two reported in late June and I only got here 2 weeks ago.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Word around here (take it for what it is worth) is that they will be re-desing the first check ins of the new year to SNFO to clear out the wait times for IFS. But that is cool because they are also going to implement the 1 week API curriculum, so all in all you should probably be winged by next Sept.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Word around here (take it for what it is worth) is that they will be re-desing the first check ins of the new year to SWO to clear out the wait times for IFS. But that is cool because they are also going to implement the 1 week API curriculum, so all in all you should probably be winged by next Sept.

Fixed it for you. Get your facts straight man...geeze. :D

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Word around here (take it for what it is worth) is that they will be re-desing the first check ins of the new year to SNFO to clear out the wait times for IFS. But that is cool because they are also going to implement the 1 week API curriculum, so all in all you should probably be winged by next Sept.

Don't forget about the new system with three flights a day 6 days a week in primary now that we are in the new fiscal year.

It's amazing how these things change in a year. I remember when the wait was 3 months for IFS and 1 day for API.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
You may also not get an immediate report date to Pcola even if you request it, regardless of the current wait time for IFS. I and the three other people in my class who commissioned in May requested to report ASAP and only one did. The other two reported in late June and I only got here 2 weeks ago.

When did you receive orders? Did you know when you commissioned that you were going to be hanging around for several months, or did you just sit around waiting for the word that you needed to be out in P'Cola at such-n-such date?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When did you receive orders? Did you know when you commissioned that you were going to be hanging around for several months, or did you just sit around waiting for the word that you needed to be out in P'Cola at such-n-such date?

We didn't find out until literally our commissioning ceremony when we were going to report, and even then those dates came from our CO when he called down to Pcola. We didn't get our orders till later. Originally I was supposed to report August 29, but when I got my orders in June they changed it to September 30. Your mileage may (and likely will) vary in terms of when you get your orders relative to your commissioning date and when your actual report date is.

Giggles

pilot
Alright, I came down here in July and have been here 11 Weeks, give or take a few days, and I still have not classed up. I was IFS complete when i got here. The questions is are you SNFO or SNA? Maybe you said this or not, I didnt pay attention very much when reading your post. With that, SNFO's are classing up much sooner then SNA's. My opinion is get down here whenever you get orders to and just hang out. They will throw you into IFS whenever they can, but should be soon. When you finish that you have to wait for BOLTC, a leadership class that they are making ppl take. When you finish BOLTC, then you will wait to class upp for API. If you are SNA you might wait a few weeks, unless you have follow on orders or some BS like that, if you are are SNFO then you will prob class up with in a couple weeks at the most. But, I am coming from Utah and I know it is starting to snow there. So if you ski and can get a stash job at UofU or something hit that up and say hello to LtCol Wendel for me.

staff03

Don't forget about the new system with three flights a day 6 days a week in primary now that we are in the new fiscal year.

Wow, I didn't know this was happening along with the one week API. How long will it take to finish primary under the new system?

spitfiremkxiv

Pepe's sandwich
Contributor

Wow, I didn't know this was happening along with the one week API. How long will it take to finish primary under the new system?

There will also be zero jet selects from Whiting or Corpus during this fiscal year. All new jet pilots will come from Vance.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
About 2 months. I was also being sarcastic if you didn't notice.;)

why ruin a perfectly good rumor before it gets started?!

I heard on the new system, API, Primary, and advanced will be condensed into 6 total weeks. You'll get your wings after you dry off from your airnav solo to the dunker.