• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current Sources of Primary Gouge

chode

You guys all sound like a bunch of rookies. The shortie is at least 90 degrees AOB and idle. The pattern altitude is at 1,000', but sometimes the ol' altimeter would be off by a couple hundred. The pull should be a good 4-4.5G with the gear coming down somewhere between the 45 and short final. There is no straight wings level until crossing the threshold. Done correctly, it's a big spiral down.

*Edit: This of course was before the 60 degree limit was enforced. In other words, I'm not describing last night...

The toughest I personally had it was going into Centennial, CO. I got the gear down at 148 KIAS and didn't really slow down until 1/3rd down the runway. Something to do with thin air???

Yep, sounds about right: 90, idle, pull until you get stick shakers (then pull a little harder)...and don't be afraid to slip.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Yeah, but I bet it sounded awesome!

Maybe...I don't know...I was too busy with my loud "WTF?!?!?!" I was in the IUT in VT-27 circa 2000. We were returning from Key West. It was a boondoggle. Something like 10-15 planes..all IPs/IUTs going to Bike Week.

Side Note (picture): The next year it was 15 planes full of IPs/IUTs to Key West OCT 2001 for Fantasy Fest. Some E-dogs from NAS Key West were boucing some clubs on Duval. The looks on their faces showing our military IDs to get in were priceless...one CDR, one LCDR and two LTs. I miss those old skool Boomer days.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 34