• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current OCS Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNA Russell

Hi All,

Class 15-02 (AKA the 05 JAN class) just finished our third week. KyleP, Michaela, and myself are all getting through the program with no problems to date.
Coincidentally we're are all assigned living spaces down the hall from Dave Shutter. Candidate Officer Shutter is now in his last two weeks of training, and the rest of us now have to snap to attention whenever we are in his presence. Luckily he's pretty cool about it.

If anybody has any questions, please feel free to post them here and I'll try and answer them.

-Rory

SNA Russell

Hi All,

Class 15-02 is now in our 5th week. Our class secured with an 84 average on the 4th week RLP. We're all pretty proud of that.

The flight physical at NOMI wasn't as bad as the physical at MEPS (in my opinion). The depth perception test involves looking into an eye piece and picking which circle stands out from the rest. It's similar to the one at MEPS, but not exactly the same. I failed the first one at NOMI and they gave me a second one. For the second one, I put on 3D glasses and had to pick cirlces off of a piece of paper. I passed the second one with no problems.

-Rory

Jared

Rory

How was the visual acuity test(i.e. was the lighting decent and everything)? Did most end up scoring about they figured they would?

Jared

SNA Russell

Jared,

The lighting was fine for the visual acuity test. The hospitalmen that work there are patient and understanding. They know what's on the line for the aviators, and they make sure you get a fair shot at passing everything.

-Rory

SNA Russell

CONGRATS TO ENSIGN SHUTTER!!!

Our man Dave Shutter graduated from OCS today. Your's truly was a part of the parade. Without stealing anymore of his thunder, I'll let him tell you the rest.

Again, congrats Dave.

-Rory

gt0767a

Well, 14-02 just started 8th week. over half way done. Can't wait. Congrats to Ensign Shutter, he was living in our old spaces while a candio. It is nice seeing people graduate.
The eye test at NOMI is the same as the one I took at MEPS, the only thing is I passed it here and failed it at MEPS, doesn't really matter for NFOs.

-Christine

By the way 14-02 kicked but on Drill!!!

eaneal

Everyone seems to be pretty concerned about the vision tests. Did you all go into these believing your sight was fine? I ask because I have always believed I have perfect viaion and was not concerned about this until I started reading some of this.

Thanks,
eaneal

mattlowery

Scott is doing fine. His last name is Hendrickson if it is who I think you are talking about. I am in 21-02 with him. We have our navigation test this week. we had seamanship last week, made a 92, but i am kinda worried about Navigation. Class 15?? were you our Indoc staff?? I can't remember.

Later!

Matt

ghost_ttu

quote:
Hi All,

Class 15-02 is now in our 5th week. Our class secured with an 84 average on the 4th week RLP. We're all pretty proud of that.

The flight physical at NOMI wasn't as bad as the physical at MEPS (in my opinion). The depth perception test involves looking into an eye piece and picking which circle stands out from the rest. It's similar to the one at MEPS, but not exactly the same. I failed the first one at NOMI and they gave me a second one. For the second one, I put on 3D glasses and had to pick cirlces off of a piece of paper. I passed the second one with no problems.

-Rory

Rory:

You have just become my hero of the day!!! I failed that crappy MEPS depth perception when I took my physical. And my recruiter sent me to the wally world (that Wal Mart) eye doctor to do the 3D glasses and book test. That one is easy. So you just took a huge weight off my chest about worrying about the depth perception test. Thanks

Edited by - ghost_ttu on 05/07/2002 08:53:13

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Depth perception... yeah I did the depth perception in-the-mall approach for my application into OCS. The bad news: the depth perception at NOMI is much different. I barely passed! But here's some gouge for the donut test: look at it as if you're looking at a Magic Eye book. The donuts start popping right out and are easy to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.