• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current API training delay

Johny0nThaSp0t

pilot
I know this horse is probably dead by now but does anyone in the pool have the latest gouge on how long we will wait after checking in to MATSG-21?

For some background-
I was denied a FY2011 contract because they "shut the flight faucet off." I ended up working some magic and changing my grad date and secured a FY12 contract.

This would lead me to believe that perhaps the delays eased up.

Thanks, JP

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
So are you saying there are delays and just deal w/ it...or everything is g2g?

Thnx
The pump is operating at max speed. Don't worry about delays.

I think the answer is as clear as it could possibly be. Don't expect more than a couple of weeks of down time, if that when you check in. Most of the people I know who have been through recently haven't been waiting very long.

That, and don't worry about things that are outside of your control (i.e. delays). Just sit back, and enjoy the ride. :)

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
Word (from a couple people with heavier collars than this butter bar) is that the USMC has a surplus of about 120 SNA's, while the USN is about 200 short. The primary pipeline is in the process is slowing down for Marines, so don't be surprised if you're stuck at MATSG for longer than anticipated either waiting for API or after API. I'm not privy to where the bottleneck will be.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Keep in mind that student flow through the Program is basically this:

581527-10924-rubber-ducks.jpg

And CNATRA/STUCON/MATSG are these guys:

duckiesp1.jpg

So trying to predict what the waits or delays will be for any particular student is kind of futile. Thus, every time one of y'all asks, you get a vague, noncomittal answer. No one's trying to keep a secret.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
You're getting to Pensacola at the perfect time. Check in, find a nice place to live, and then head to the beach with some buddies and a cooler full of beer. Get in awesome shape and party your face off. Enjoy it. Enjoy every last moment of it.

I hate you.

P.S. Wear a rubber.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Word (from a couple people with heavier collars than this butter bar) is that the USMC has a surplus of about 120 SNA's, while the USN is about 200 short. The primary pipeline is in the process is slowing down for Marines, so don't be surprised if you're stuck at MATSG for longer than anticipated either waiting for API or after API. I'm not privy to where the bottleneck will be.

Fear not, if things get too bad- they'll just rebadge a bunch of 2/1LTs into ENS/JGs to make their production numbers work for each service.

81montedriver

pilot
The wait fluctuates all the time. By the time you get there, it could be something completely different. Everything stated above is 100% true. If you get thrown into training right away, good on you and be ready to study your ass off. If not, enjoy the down time because once you train up and get to the fleet, the schedule gets much busier.

If there is a wait, you could always choose Vance. It will get you through primary much quicker. :)

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None
Fear not, if things get too bad- they'll just rebadge a bunch of 2/1LTs into ENS/JGs to make their production numbers work for each service.
Wish we could - if it used to work that way, doesn't any longer. Things may bunch up a bit with all of the spring grads plus OCS production, but you won't see the big pools of yore. Accession numbers just don't support.