• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Current aircraft assignments

flyguy4723

Wondering if somebody could tell me what the latest aircraft assignments have been for navy pilots out of primary? I know it changes a lot but are people still getting assigned P-3s or are they just handing out P-8s to replace them. Just curious as to what the navy is currently using.

Thanks.

nukon

pilot
Wondering if somebody could tell me what the latest aircraft assignments have been for navy pilots out of primary? I know it changes a lot but are people still getting assigned P-3s or are they just handing out P-8s to replace them. Just curious as to what the navy is currently using.

Thanks.

Just to be clear, after primary you select a pipeline, in this case 'maritime', not a specific aircraft. After selecting maritime, follow on to advanced multi-engine in Corpus Christi flying T-44s with VT-31 or VT-35. Once you complete the advanced syllabus and wing, then you're assigned either P-3 or P-8. I'm not trying to be pedantic; I think it's an important distinction, as the advanced syllabus takes an additional ~4-6 months.

flyguy4723

Just to be clear, after primary you select a pipeline, in this case 'maritime', not a specific aircraft. After selecting maritime, follow on to advanced multi-engine in Corpus Christi flying T-44s with VT-31 or VT-35. Once you complete the advanced syllabus and wing, then you're assigned either P-3 or P-8. I'm not trying to be pedantic; I think it's an important distinction, as the advanced syllabus takes an additional ~4-6 months.

Yes I am aware that you select a track and select your aircraft assignment at a later time. I should have rephrased better

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator

Out of curiosity, is it similar to community selection where they offer you a dream sheet - but will override it based off of their needs - or do you get no say in what airframe you get once you're in a certain community?

nukon

pilot
Out of curiosity, is it similar to community selection where they offer you a dream sheet - but will override it based off of their needs - or do you get no say in what airframe you get once you're in a certain community?

As far as students are concerned, the process is the exact same - you submit your airframe and coast preferences, ranked from happiest to saddest. It is still and indeed always will be based off the needs of the Navy/Marine Corps/Rebel Alliance, but in my experience, they factor your preferences in to the max extent possible based on slots available and your performance relative to your peers.